• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO...

If Economic Implosion: (EBT cards show 0 balance) then Civil War Part Deux

If not that, something will cause Civil War Part Deux

Comment

The good thing about liberal leeches is that they are against firearms and don't have any. The gangsta's that do, couldn't hit the broad side of a barn door.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        " A democracy will
        continue to exist up until the time that voters discover they
        can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury.
        From that moment on, the majority always votes for the
        candidates who promise the most benefits from the public
        treasury, with the result that every democracy will finally
        collapse due to loose fiscal policy, which is always followed
        by a dictatorship. "
        -- Alexander Tyler
        This part seems to ring true today. More people today than ever are getting food stamp assistance from the goverment...Obama's fault. We have all seen the youtube videos where people of color said things like they are not worried about work, cause obama will take care of them and get handouts from the government...obama's fault. with all the NSA stuff going on, the trouncing on 2nd amendment liberties and overall liberties in general, a dictaorship is not far off....obama's fault.

so basically the US will end because it will be Obama's fault
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think the end of the United States will occur for another 15 to 20 years but I do think it is highly possible unless we have some sort of change of course in this countries direction.

I don't think there will be a civil war. I don't think many have the stomach for it. I do think an economic catastrophe could cause it. But I don't think that will be needed. I think we are going to get to the point where we simply decide that the Union just isn't worth it anymore. I'm not sure which state will pursue it first but Texas is an obvious choice. However the changing demographics of Texas could play a role in preventing that from happening.

Ultimately I think some southern state will have a non binding referendum in the next 10 years. That will start the ball rolling for other states. It will then depend on how well the referendum does. A 51% majority won't be enough. IMO it will take an 80% or better result to push a government into taking an action that drastic. Texas succession doesn't have that kind of support. Not even at this time. However in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama secessionist might find that kind of support.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
            Texas is an obvious choice. However the changing demographics of Texas could play a role in preventing that from happening.

Ultimately I think some southern state will have a non binding referendum in the next 10 years. That will start the ball rolling for other states. It will then depend on how well the referendum does. A 51% majority won't be enough. IMO it will take an 80% or better result to push a government into taking an action that drastic. Texas succession doesn't have that kind of support. Not even at this time. However in Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama secessionist might find that kind of support.
            The way things are going, Texas will probably become part of Mexico again.

Comment

Working...
            X