No announcement yet.

Any decent bowlers on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sandbagging to set initial average doesn't do anything when averaged over an entire season.

Comment

This year my book avg is 236 but next year it will be around 230.
      2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

I used to bowl in a league and had to stop a few years ago since there isn't really a place to bowl anywhere near Forney.

I was still a beginner but my average creeped up to 160-170 range.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          I used to bowl in a league and had to stop a few years ago since there isn't really a place to bowl anywhere near Forney.

I was still a beginner but my average creeped up to 160-170 range.
          Terrell bowling center isn't too far but it's a dump.

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

Comment

I assume all of you throw the ball the using your thumb as well? I can't seem to get the hang of that so I "palm" my ball. If the lane has been recently oiled I can get a pretty good left hook. If I'm left with a corner pin on the right side...I'm pretty much done with that round since I can't hook it to the right. What's this "spare ball"? I may have to see if the bowling alley has one I can use.

Comment

Straighter is greater. Fuck that hooking thing.

Comment

I try to keep my bowling average around the same as my golf average. 'bout ~100. So much easier that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                  Terrell bowling center isn't too far but it's a dump.
                  Yup. Thate is a dump. Shenaniganz in Rockwall isn't really a league bowling center. There is an AMF in Garland but I don't like it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
                    And gouging the fairway!
                    That fairway had it coming!

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

This year my book avg is 236 but next year it will be around 230.
                      Geez, those are creeping up on professional scores. Why will it go down next year?

Straighter is greater. Fuck that hooking thing.
                      What's your throw look like? I bowl pretty straight with a late hook, I leave a lot of 10 pins though
                      Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

I started bowling on a kids Saturday morning bumper league when I was 4. I bowled the Saturday morning league until I graduated from high school. I finished high school at around a 200 avg. It would have been better but it was real hard to go from a fun ass party to bowl at 9am after 2 hours of sleep. I've only bowled 7 or 8 times over the past 3 years but my avg is still around 190.

I still bowl with the 16lb U dot that I got back in the mid late 80's. Been a 2 finger bowler for as far back as I can remember, throw a pretty major hook, use my thumb pretty much only on spares. I've been thinking of getting back into a league but I just haven't been able to commit to the set schedule.
                        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

<<<<< haz big Ern skillz

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                            Geez, those are creeping up on professional scores. Why will it go down next year?

What's your throw look like? I bowl pretty straight with a late hook, I leave a lot of 10 pins though
                            There's a big difference between a house shot and what the pros shoot on. The pro shots I avg right around 200 and that's not good enough to compete with the pros. And it will go down cause that's my highest avg I had in the 2012-2013 season.
                            I'm a cranker. I hook the ball a lot but I wish I could throw the ball straighter cause the way the ball hits the pocket.

Comment

There's a big difference between a house shot and what the pros shoot on. The pro shots I avg right around 200 and that's not good enough to compete with the pros. And it will go down cause that's my highest avg I had in the 2012-2013 season.
                              I'm a cranker. I hook the ball a lot but I wish I could throw the ball straighter cause the way the ball hits the pocket.
                              What's the difference in what the pros shoot on? Besides oil of course.
                              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
                                What's the difference in what the pros shoot on? Besides oil of course.
                                The oil pattern. That's the main difference. There's other factors but its mostly the pattern.

Comment

Working...
                                X