Any decent bowlers on the board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any decent bowlers on the board?

I've just recently picked up bowling and found that I'm decent (from other bowlers) being that I'm a COMPLETE beginner. So I bought a ball and shoes, still trying to figure this ball out a bit as even though it has a lower hook rating, it hooks like a monster compared to the plastic house balls.

I'm sitting at a 165 average right now. That's with only 2 trips with the new ball and I've only been bowling maybe 12 times in my life (5 of those in the last 3 weeks). If I can get to a solid 180 avg then I'd like to get in a league for fun.

Sooo any decent bowlers on the board? I got a couple equipment Qs and just wanted to talk a little bowling in general.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

I used to be pretty good. I haven't bowled in about 4 or 5 years now. Don used to bowl, don't know if he still does.

Comment

Badass2000gt, Mike302Cobra, Turbostang, TheHead, JKD, and myself can all roll the ball decently.
      Originally posted by PGreenCobra
      I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
      Originally posted by Trip McNeely
      Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
      dont downshift!!
      Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
        Badass2000gt, Mike302Cobra, Turbostang, TheHead, JKD, and myself can all roll the ball decently.
        Nice, any of y'all in a league or used to be? What kind of averages you guys roll?

I'd like to get in a league at my local alley just for fun, and it has a handicap based on your average. What's to stop people from sand bagging and getting a big handicap and then bowling good in the league?

Comment

Originally posted by Wish4svts View Post
          Nice, any of y'all in a league or used to be? What kind of averages you guys roll?

I'd like to get in a league at my local alley just for fun, and it has a handicap based on your average. What's to stop people from sand bagging and getting a big handicap and then bowling good in the league?
          I carried anywhere from a 188-194 average in league. I know Mike302cobra is ~ 215-218 and Badass2000gt is ~220.

Sandbagging sucks. It's not as common in the fun leagues though, and you have to bowl your ass off in the $$$ leagues regardless so sandbagging doesn't work so well there.
          I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
          dont downshift!!

Comment

I have an 11 lb ebonite tornado I have been trying to sell, if anyone is interested. It will need redrilled. It saw vary minimal use. I haven't bowled since I hurt my back

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

If someone uses "roll" or "throw", they're a badass bowler.
              Originally posted by davbrucas
              I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I carried anywhere from a 188-194 average in league. I know Mike302cobra is ~ 215-218 and Badass2000gt is ~220.

Sandbagging sucks. It's not as common in the fun leagues though, and you have to bowl your ass off in the $$$ leagues regardless so sandbagging doesn't work so well there.
                Damn those are good averages! I'd love to get where you are in the 190 range... A lot of guys I talk to say 190 is when you're considered a "good" bowler and the difference in a 180 bowler to a 190 bowler is huge. They said when playing for money a 190 has the potential to put up a big number on you at any time.

You still bowl?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  If someone uses "roll" or "throw", they're a badass bowler.
                  What about "stroke"?

Comment

Damn those are good averages! I'd love to get where you are in the 190 range... A lot of guys I talk to say 190 is when you're considered a "good" bowler and the difference in a 180 bowler to a 190 bowler is huge. They said when playing for money a 190 has the potential to put up a big number on you at any time.

You still bowl?
                    The difference between a 175 and a 195 is two 10 pins

I do from time-to-time, I'm not as passionate about it as I used to be for sure.
                    dont downshift!!

Comment

I do from time-to-time, I'm not as passionate about it as I used to be for sure.
                      Don went from chunkin the round ball on oil to slippin a flat puck on sand.
                      86 SVO

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                        I do like shuffleboard, this is true.
                        dont downshift!!

Comment

Lol, yeah they said a 190 picks up his spares. That 10 pin is my nemesis right now.

Comment

Originally posted by 1fast4 View Post
                            And gouging the fairway!

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

Lol, yeah they said a 190 picks up his spares. That 10 pin is my nemesis right now.
                              I'm lefty, so mine is the 7 pin. However, a plastic spare ball fixes that corner pin nemesis!
                              dont downshift!!

Comment

Working...
                              X