Boeing 777 crashes while landing at SFO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boeing 777 crashes while landing at SFO

First off.... Prayers out for any survivors, if any.

Second... How the EFF does the tail of the plane just "come off"?!

KTVU.com

SFO —
    A plane crashed while landing at San Francisco International Airport Saturday morning after its tail came off while it was touching down on the runway.

According to a witness, around 11:20 a.m. the plane was just about to land -- its landing gear had come down -- when the tail of the plane came off.
    After wobbling for a minute, the aircraft flipped upside down, coming to a stop on runway on it's back.

The plane, reportedly a Boeing 777, was coming from South Korea, according to flight tracking information.

Check back for more updates.

Short video, DFW Scanner is saying they've declared mass casualties, but it looks like it is pretty much intact? Several hundred people on board.

Comment

Casualties are not (necessarily) fatalities.

Comment

I don't expect too many people to walk away from this. RIP.
        '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
        '13 Dodge Cummins
        '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
          Casualties are not (necessarily) fatalities.

Ah. Just saw this on jalopnik:

I just crash landed at SFO. Tail ripped off. Most everyone seems fine. I'm ok. Surreal... (at @flySFO) [pic] — https://path.com/p/1lwrZb

Comment

I hope nothing gets delayed tomorrow.... zoiks.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              Ah. Just saw this on jalopnik:

I just crash landed at SFO. Tail ripped off. Most everyone seems fine. I'm ok. Surreal... (at @flySFO) [pic] — https://path.com/p/1lwrZb
              Wow. Good to hear. They will definitely have a story to tell their kids and grandkids.

I'm reminded of that english skit about the front of the boat falling off for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                I hope nothing gets delayed tomorrow.... zoiks.
                They can delay the flights. I am set to fly on Wednesday and I don't want to go.
                Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

My dad is transferring to that plane again :0
                  Sounds like a mechanic failed to do his job correctly...
                  Originally posted by Buzzo
                  Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Prayers for all involved. That is the realization of one of my biggest fears of flying.

George Carlin:*"In the unlikely event..." This is a very suspect phrase, especially coming, as it does, from an industry that is willing to lie about arrival and departure times. "In the unlikely event of a sudden change in cabin pressure..." ROOF FLIES OFF! "An oxygen mask will drop down in front of you. Place the mask over your face and breathe normally." Well, I have no problem with that. I always breathe normally when I'm in a 600 mile-an-hour uncontrolled vertical dive. I also SHIT normally! RIGHT IN MY PANTS!

Comment

Damn. Lucky that plane didn't end up in the water.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

looks like they all survied

Comment

set down too soon?

Comment

Sucks. I Dr. tail section was the safest part of the airplane?
                            sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                            🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Working...
                            X