Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to see current civil lawsuits online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to see current civil lawsuits online?

Keep getting new letters showing i'm sued by old debt collector again but haven't received any paperwork from any officials.

tried searching online thru this link http://www.tarrantcounty.com/ecounty...untyclerkNav=|

but nothing comes up.

Anyway to check civil lawsuits by last name in tarrant county?

Zombie debt... letters originate in NY?

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
      Zombie debt... letters originate in NY?
      no local attorneys saying you've been sued we can help.

Same way on previous debt collector sued, filed all motions but have no idea what became of that case either.

Comment

If its over 4 years old, not a damn thing they can do about, courts or otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
          If its over 4 years old, not a damn thing they can do about, courts or otherwise.
          Think you mean 7 years when it drops off credit history? This is more than 4 years old, late 2007 sometime.

Comment

Texas statute of limitations is 4 years. Doesn't matter where the debt company is based, you are the one that establishes location.

Comment

Originally posted by Binky View Post
              Texas statute of limitations is 4 years. Doesn't matter where the debt company is based, you are the one that establishes location.
              So how can they sue if the date is already over 4 years old. I'm confused now .

Comment

Looking online free credit report, bofa screwed me they showed late payment for 2 years before charging off debt, so debt is 08/2009, guessing whoever is suing is trying to do so before 4 year mark?

Comment

Oh they can sue, or threaten to sue - but as soon as they go to court it'll get thrown out. They are hoping you'll cut a deal.

And if you ever make a payment, it restarts the clock.

Debt collectors prey on the stupid and uninformed.

Comment

Trash them. Debt collectors can't do squat. They'll threaten with "lawsuits". It's just scare tactics.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

whoever is sending the letters is just hoping you will go ahead and pay or call to cut a deal..either way they are still trying to get paid. probably bought an old debt for pennies on the dollar and playing the odds that uninformed or their scare tactics will generate some revenue.
                      sigpic

Comment

The clock starts on the date of the first missed payment as long as no more were made! I would send them a drop dead letter and include in it the date that debt started and tell them the statue of limitations has expired.

Comment

Originally posted by fastwhite99gt View Post
                          The clock starts on the date of the first missed payment as long as no more were made! I would send them a drop dead letter and include in it the date that debt started and tell them the statue of limitations has expired.
                          Will do thanks!

Just need to find out who filed the lawsuit since i've never been served

Comment

Working...
                          X