A bit of common sense from the TSA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit of common sense from the TSA

There's a major change coming to the security lines at Denver International Airport and it's all in an effort to move things along a lot faster.

DENVER (CBS4) – There’s a major change coming to the security lines at Denver International Airport and it’s all in an effort to move things along a lot faster.

The change is a Transportation Security Administration program, but DIA officials say they are very supportive of it. It won’t apply to all passengers — only those using the “A” bridge security check point and it will run at different times.

The change was tested Friday morning and travelers seemed to be on board. They involved TSA-trained dogs.

“If it makes it safer, I’m okay with it,” one traveler said.

TSA confirms it is using canines to pre-screen passengers and if they pass they may be able to go through an expedited security line.

“I’d be willing to do something like that if it made me get through faster,” another traveler said.

One man tweeted, “Through airport security without taking my shoes off, removing anything from my bag or being scanned!”

A woman tweeted, “Straight through security in two minutes with shoes on and laptops/liquids in bag. Testing new security procedures at Denver. Nice job.”

The TSA’s website says its canine teams are “a mobile form of explosive detection” and are “extremely accurate.”

“What are we looking for? We’re looking for things that go boom. The dog takes care of that very, very effectively, and the rest of this is finding pointy objects,” aviation expert Mike Boyd said. “Well the only reason we take off our shoes and do all that over stuff is because the other machinery really doesn’t know how to look at it. So this makes a lot of sense for everybody.”

The goal is keeping safety the priority while speeding up security.

Besides Denver, right now the canine project is only being tested at airports in Indianapolis, Honolulu and Tampa.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

I went through two screenings last week and ended up getting patted down both times even after going through the "faster" scanners. I guess at least I didn't have to go through a secondary screening.

Even with the dogs they'll still waste our time with pat downs and scanners, and we'll still have someone manage to get something on a plane every couple of years.

Comment

Fttsa
      sigpic

Comment

Someone at the TSA has a brother in law that trains dogs.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          Someone at the TSA has a brother in law that trains dogs.
          LOL!

ANYONE that says "if it makes me safer...." should be immediately shot on sight.

Comment

I swear the next time I fly somewhere I'm gonna pull a spinal tap and jam a huge cucumber in my pants, the make sure I get a pat down. Hell, if they're going to waste my time I might as well make something of it.
            "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              I swear the next time I fly somewhere I'm gonna pull a spinal tap and jam a huge cucumber in my pants, the make sure I get a pat down. Hell, if they're going to waste my time I might as well make something of it.
              get it on video, please
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Thousands Standing Around

The bottom pic was taken by a buddy commuting to work here at DFW. The other agents saw him take the photo and tried to detain him and take his phone. He refused and
                went on his way. Yes he was in uniform when he took the pic.
                Last edited by likeitfast55; 07-02-2013, 06:23 AM.

Comment

It only took the TSA 11 years to do something that should have been done... 11 years ago.

I got my first pat down a few weeks ago. I had a little fun with it. When the TSA agent went near my crotch, I turned my head and coughed. When he was done I asked for a cigarette. As he left the room, I said, "so that's it? Wham bam thank you man?" He buddy was rolling but he was not enthused.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post

“If it makes it safer, I’m okay with it,” one traveler said.
                    Let's just give up all of our freedoms in the name of safety!!!

Luckily, I haven't been held back by the lines that often. I have run into trouble by the TSA though. I was a 15 y/o terrorist with a farm jacket, and a $2 pocket knife for cutting baling string.
                    Originally posted by Buzzo
                    Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                      It only took the TSA 11 years to do something that should have been done... 11 years ago.

I got my first pat down a few weeks ago. I had a little fun with it. When the TSA agent went near my crotch, I turned my head and coughed. When he was done I asked for a cigarette. As he left the room, I said, "so that's it? Wham bam thank you man?" He buddy was rolling but he was not enthused.
                      so no happy ending? you got robbed....not even the courtesy for a g0ddam reach around.
                      Last edited by jefehbk; 07-02-2013, 02:24 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

No one got patted down when we arrived back in the US last Wednesday but it did take 2 hours for the lines at immigration and customs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
                        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

They're just trying to feel my dick.
                          Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                            They're just trying to feel my dick.
                            Well, don't put too fine a point on it.

Comment

Working...
                            X