Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Repo car do you need to send any paperwork?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repo car do you need to send any paperwork?

Ex is behind on my tote the note and I wanna repo, she keeps avoiding the situation, do I have to send in any paperwork saying i'm going to repo car?

Car is still titled in my name, I know she wont give me key so would I have to get officer involved?

Do you have a legal, signed contract stating the terms of the agreement? If not, you're probably fucked. But if the title is in your name, it's legally your car. Report it stolen if she doesn't give it up voluntarily?
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

If you repo, you have to notify the town it's located in, I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
        Ex is behind on my tote the note and I wanna repo, she keeps avoiding the situation, do I have to send in any paperwork saying i'm going to repo car?

Car is still titled in my name, I know she wont give me key so would I have to get officer involved?
        If it's in your name you can just take it. No need for a repo affidavit or filing with the city, it's your car. I would tell her once you pick it up that you took it though.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

If you don't have a key you can get one cut off the VIN if you have the title, then just go take it. Had to do one a few years ago like this.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
            Do you have a legal, signed contract stating the terms of the agreement? If not, you're probably fucked. But if the title is in your name, it's legally your car. Report it stolen if she doesn't give it up voluntarily?
            have legally signed document stating if she is ever 10 days past due the security ( car) reverts back to owner (me)

Key could be issue though it has good security system and its a nissan so I can't get key cut with just vin they need car to reprogram it.

Comment

Have a wrecker pick it up and deliver it to Nissan for the new keys to be made/programmed.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackGT View Post
                you can't report a car stolen if you gave the car to them willingly.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Pics of the Ex in question?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                    Have a wrecker pick it up and deliver it to Nissan for the new keys to be made/programmed.
                    Sounds like the only option.

Comment

How far behind is she?

Comment

Pics of ex? Someone here might be willing to help her "catch up" on payments in exchange...
                        "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                        X