No announcement yet.

What the heck is this stuff?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you familiar with the term eat a hot bowl of dick??
    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

No what's that like??
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        No what's that like??
        shut it faggot.

for some reason, i dont like you.
        ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          I dunno I've seen a Lexus is with a crappy bedliner job and it looked like plastidip. It may be rhino liner or line-x
          Plastidip and Bedliner sprays are similar in that they are coatings but they have some very different properties. Most bedliner products are much more durable and impact resistant. Bedliner products are usually sprayed on with a two part mixture where you can spray Plastidip on from a can. Bedliner products usually have an aggregate material in them for additional strength, traction, or durability. For instance, you can get Line-x with Kevlar embedded into it.

IMO Plastidip is mostly for appearance. It offers some protection to the vehicle but bed liner products are primarily made for protection.

edit: Oh, and Plastidip is easy to remove. Not so much with bedliner products.
          Last edited by Sgt Beavis; 07-01-2013, 08:31 AM.

Comment

I recently plasti-dipped the F150 badges on my truck. Messed up on the first one, waited 10-15 mins, peeled it off and re-applied. Stuff works as advertised and does peel right off...
            "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
              shut it faggot.

And I'm ok with that!

I'll try to take a pic of the bedliner Lexus so you guys know what it looks like.
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

this looks clean

Originally posted by Jared@DipYourCar View Post
                Gunmetal Grey Base. 1/2 gallon Gunmetal Grey + 1/2 gallon Black + gallon Pearlizer = Matte Silver

Comment

So its a pretty thick rubber paint coating? Dang I might actually be interested in this

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                    shut it faggot.

Don't take much lol.
                    Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
                      So its a pretty thick rubber paint coating? Dang I might actually be interested in this
                      Not near as thick as Bed liner.

Comment

Looks great when its fresh. But how about when it comes to washing it? No automatic car washes I assume, No powerwashing I would also assume. Rags and Windex?

Comment

Originally posted by Stunter Bob View Post
                          Looks great when its fresh. But how about when it comes to washing it? No automatic car washes I assume, No powerwashing I would also assume. Rags and Windex?
                          i had it on my grill and emblems on my g35 and i ran it through car washes all the time and it was fine.
                          ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Yup. Guy has a vid on hitting it with a power washer. Stayed put.

Comment

Washed mine with a pressure washer last weekend. Didn't phase it one bit.
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
                                Not near as thick as Bed liner.

Bedliner is pretty heavy isnt it? and expensive? Looking for something for my chase vehicle but dont have a whole bunch of money sitting around right now

Comment

Working...
                                X