Traffic cameras bring ruin to small Ohio town

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
    They have these vans in Tucson. It's bullshit.
    I've been out in Tucson for the last 2 weeks on business. The place is littered with red light and speed cameras. I've only seen one of the vans.

On an unrelated note, coming from DFW, it was a little weird to watch the storms moving from northeast to southwest.
    Men have become the tools of their tools.
    -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
      I've been out in Tucson for the last 2 weeks on business. The place is littered with red light and speed cameras. I've only seen one of the vans.

On an unrelated note, coming from DFW, it was a little weird to watch the storms moving from northeast to southwest.
      Hotter the hell out here. What do you do for a living?

Comment

So basically a bunch of people are mad they got caught speeding.
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Electrical engineer. I hired on with Bombardier 3 weeks ago and they sent me to Tucson for training. I'm here for another week and a half and then back to Dallas where it's hot, but not blast furnace hot.

Seems the only way to escape the heat is to head for the mountains. It's much cooler up there!
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I probably got 6 of those over the years. I've never paid one and I've never had any sort of issue with my credit. Fuck 'em.

Comment

I was stationed there from 06 to 11. They did away with the vans for the most part...they were much worse but they were working on putting a ton of red light cameras in my last few years. What sucks to is that the intersections are very large so its easy to get popped.

Comment

I still haven't figured out why/how some crazy resident hasn't gone postal on all the traffic cameras.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
                  I still haven't figured out why/how some crazy resident hasn't gone postal on all the traffic cameras.
                  For the same reason the majority of people stay on track.

Consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                    For the same reason the majority of people stay on track.

Consequences.
                    If they only photograph when set off by radar/ground activation, how would they be caught, aside from someone seeing them do it? Also, you can stay out of the cameras' line of sight.

Comment

Originally posted by likeitfast55 View Post
                      A few years back in Louisiana, the state approved a private company to use "mobile vans" to park at various places along the interstate to do this very same thing.
                      The State Troopers were furious. They feared a reduction in force and outsourcing of their jobs. Furthermore they contended that the vans posed a serious safety threat to the traveling public.
                      They started ticketing the parked vans with a plethora of violations when they encountered one. It got very expensive very fast for the out of state company. As a last resort they started towing the vans(impounding) when caught and arresting the drivers. Well it only took a few months of this insanity to drive the company out of Louisiana. Then the state sued the company for breach of contract!
                      I have no idea how it turned out, but I found it amusing.
                      A few years back, they had vans in Texas. Right down the road in Marble Falls on Hwy 281... They were sued and the vans were removed but if TxDOT had their way, they'd be all over the place...

Comment

Working...
                      X