Six plainclothes cops arrest a sorority woman after she buys bottled water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six plainclothes cops arrest a sorority woman after she buys bottled water

At Examiner.com™ we help you excel personal finance, boost income, invest wisely, travel smart, reach financial freedom faster, and enjoy life on a budget.

Elizabeth Daly, a 20-year-old student at the University of Virginia, breathed a sigh of relief on Thursday as three felony charges against her were dropped. Daly had purchased bottled water from a grocery store, LaCroix sparkling water for a sorority benefit fundraiser. A group of state Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) agents in plainclothes then approached Daly, with her bottled water, cookie dough, and ice cream as she was walking to her vehicle.

Daly became frightened, seeing a group of armed people approach her, and ran into her car along with her roommates. The ABC agents suspected the blue carton of LaCroix sparkling water was a 12-pack of beer. One of the agents jumped on the hood of Daly’s vehicle. Another drew a gun.

"They were showing unidentifiable badges after they approached us, but we became frightened, as they were not in anything close to a uniform," she remembered Thursday in a written account of the April 11 incident. "I couldn't put my windows down unless I started my car, and when I started my car they began yelling to not move the car, not to start the car. They began trying to break the windows. My roommates and I were ... terrified," Daly stated.

Daly’s statement was “factually consistent,” stated Charlottesville Commonwealth’s Attorney Dave Chapman, but Daly had angered upset the ABC agents and was charged with three felonies. Daly was charged with two counts of assaulting a law enforcement officer and a third felony count of eluding police. Each charge was a Class 6 felony with a combined total of up to 15 years in jail and $7,500 in fines. Daly apparently incurred the assault charges when she “grazed” two agents with her SUV. Her front-seat passenger was in a panic, yelling, “go, go, go” as the ABC agents pulled guns and climbed onto the hood of the vehicle filled with terrified sorority girls.

The women dialed 911 as they pulled out of the parking lot, and reported what happened. Daly was planning on heading to a nearby police station. Instead, she stopped as she saw an agent driving nearby with lights and sirens.

Daly apologized profusely when she realized the armed group surrounding her vehicle was, in fact, law enforcement, but the terrified young woman still ended up in jail. Prosecutors dropped all charges against Daly on Thursday.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

They must have thought it was Keystone.

Comment

How in the fuck could they mistake that?

Comment

OMG...Thank God these highly trained law enforcement officers stopped this would be criminal from drinking water while baking cookies and eating ice cream.

Really....6 officers drawing guns because a 20yr old girl is walking with a case that they might think is beer. Talk about overkill and over zealousness.
        sigpic

Comment

I would have punch the windshield out with my dingus at the sight of 6 scantilly clad college-aged women touching each other in the SUV. Was that not in the story?

Comment

Still can't find a similar looking box of beer. This is lawsuit worthy.

Comment

How much damage to her SUV from the one guy jumping on the hood?
              "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

A 12 pack of Modelo, maybe.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Shit I would have been unloading the .45 if there was unidentified armed person on my hood yelling...

Comment

sad what we've come to in this Country... all of this over a 12 pack...

Comment

Maybe if the officers had just smoked a fat ass blunt in a dark car, then stepped out in the sunlight with no sunglasses.

Comment

Those guys are Nazis. Ever had dealings with them?

<---was not breaking any law, any of the three times.
                        sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                        17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                        13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                        86 SVO - Sold
                        '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                        01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                        65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post

Maybe if the officers had just smoked a fat ass blunt in a dark car, then stepped out in the sunlight with no sunglasses.
                          Lmao.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

We really need more law enforcement.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              We really need more law enforcement.
                              Yep. We need law enforcement to save us from the law enforcers.

Comment

Working...
                              X