Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hertz now renting supercars.

Danny? Roadtrip?

You can now rent a Lamborghini or Ferrari from Hertz.

Rental cars no longer need to be boring. For travelers who want to drive in style, Hertz is now offering a fleet of supercars through its Hertz Dream Cars program.

The fleet includes rides from Aston Martin, Audi, Bentley, Lamborghini, Tesla, and more, at 35 locations around the U.S.

Naturally, a top of the line rental costs more than a few days in an old Chevy Impala. Hertz's Ferraris, Lamborghinis, and Bentleys start at $1,500 per day, and cost $3 for every mile above the 75 mile limit.

The Aston Martin Vantage and Audi R8 both start at $1,000 per day, with the same $3/mile penalty. The cheaper end of the luxury lineup, including Porsche and Mercedes rides, will cost you $350 per diem, with a $.49 penalty for roll of the odometer over the 75 mile limit.

Here's the full list of available whips. Hertz does not disclose how many it has of each:

Aston Martin V8 Vantage
    Audi R8
    Bentley Continental GT
    Cadillac CTS-V
    Ferrari (California, F430)
    Lamborghini Gallardo
    Land Rover Range Rover Sport
    Mercedes-Benz AMG (SLS, C63, E63)
    Mercedes-Benz SL550, S550 and G550
    Porsche (911, Cayenne, Boxster, Panamera)
    SRT Viper
    Tesla Model S

I couldn't even find a mustang to rent after my last wreck. Where are they gonna keep this fleet cali?

Comment

Better plan on Florida, all the available locations listed are in that state on their site.

Comment

Woooooo a whole 75 miles. Could have least bumped it to 250 for that price. I just dont see this working for them besides Beverly Hills type areas. Transporting these cars from site to site will be a nightmare also.

Comment

75 miles? Really? I commute 50 miles each way to work, i'd be screwed even just for one day. And thats just to and from work, no cattin around.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
            I couldn't even find a mustang to rent after my last wreck. Where are they gonna keep this fleet cali?
            Shit man, I've rented more 5.0 Mustangs than I can remember. In fact, in Ontario last year I had a fully-loaded white GT with leather, pony-shaped lights that pointed at the ground from the mirrors, and a glass roof! On a side note, Mustang GTs in Canada do not have foglights.

If you're considering renting an exotic for a day, why not just do the www.worldclassdrivingexperience.com thing?

Comment

Miami to Key West = 162 miles...

350+(162*2-75)*0.49 = $472.01

Pricey, but shit that would be fun on the long straight bridges.

Comment

Florida always has high end cars either for sale or rent. That's like a luxocar mecca.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                  Miami to Key West = 162 miles...

350+(162*2-75)*0.49 = $472.01

Pricey, but shit that would be fun on the long straight bridges.
                  I did that in a convertible Mustang last year, but make sure it isn't in the heat of summer. You don't have time to put the top back up and it gets hot as shit. And traffic is a bitch. It's a two lane road.

<--Been there, done that.

Comment

Dude, they had a poster of the supercars for rent at LAX when we rented the GT back in 2011. lol
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

These are event/red carpet rentals for people that want to "arrive" in style. Definately not for enthusiests or people who want to actually drive the cars.

You'll see them all over like the purple/blue lambo that is always up at Shope of Legacy out front of the wine bar. The funny part is, that car is so well known as a rental that its "prestige" is immedately laughed at.

Comment

That would be sweet, but I think I would rather drive one around TMS for less $$.

WRX

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                          Dude, they had a poster of the supercars for rent at LAX when we rented the GT back in 2011. lol

I'm getting old, maybe the memory vault is starting to crack?

We did 3600 miles, so after the 75 allotted, 3525 x$3 per mile for 9 days at 1500 a day = $24,075. You're paying for the car next time and I'll get the hotel rooms. lol

Comment

Originally posted by cbrjames View Post
                            75 miles? Really? I commute 50 miles each way to work, i'd be screwed even just for one day. And thats just to and from work, no cattin around.
                            I would think if anyone is renting one of those cars...they'd be taking the day off! I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                              I would think if anyone is renting one of those cars...they'd be taking the day off! I know I would.

I was given a hard enough time about showing up to work in a new Mustang, I'm sure as hell not going in in a Lamborghini.

Comment

Working...
                              X