Home AC Tech

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home AC Tech

My condensation drain is literally POURING out. I mean, it is as if someone left a faucet on. Is this typical? Central heat, house built in '99.
    Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
    There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Evap coil is freezing over, this is most likely due to insufficient air flow or low on freon. Mine is doing the same, and I am being told the whole inside 'closet unit' (blower, evap coil, etc..) needs to be replaced. But I think this is BS and I am still looking for someone to just replace the evap coil...no luck yet

Comment

PM jyro for a/c service.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Darren M View Post
        My condensation drain is literally POURING out. I mean, it is as if someone left a faucet on. Is this typical? Central heat, house built in '99.
        With this heat and humidity your going to have ALOT of condensation. BUT if the water is coming out your secondary drain then you have a even bigger problem. You need to get the primary drain unclogged or when the secondary clogs you will have water everywhere! If the unit is in the attic it's especially bad.

Comment

Also, make sure you have replaced the air filter.. Learned this the hard way.

Comment

replace air filter, blow out drain, shop vac drain pan. put 1/2 cup bleach in pan. Get mirror, make sure coils are not dirty. The coils probably just need to be taken out and cleaned then reinstalled. If that doesn't work then call a tech.

Cleaning the coils is something that the mechanics rarely do. They don't want to go to the trouble. Yes it takes a bit to braise them back it but it is doable. With all the humidity in the air, we have been having a lot of callouts for drain pans over flowing. Even mine at home is doing it and it is 2 years old.....

Comment

Thanks!
              There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

DAMN IT IS HOT UP THERE!!! Ok, good news, I think. The drain pan isn't full, no where near it. However, the water is trickling pretty good.... Here's a few pics.

Comment

PM Sent
                  Originally posted by Da Prez
                  Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                  Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

The pan should be dry....it's secondary and for emergency catch. Your main drain is apparently clogged.

Real good local car guy owns this business, and will not screw you....give him a call, his name is Mark.....

I've sent numerous people who had previously been told BS with super high estimates, etc. They are family owned and run...and honest.
                    70' Chevelle RagTop
                    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

be careful, people have gone full retard after experiencing an A/C outage 'round here.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                        The pan should be dry....it's secondary and for emergency catch. Your main drain is apparently clogged.

Real good local car guy owns this business, and will not screw you....give him a call, his name is Mark.....

I've sent numerous people who had previously been told BS with super high estimates, etc. They are family owned and run...and honest.
                        I was told by my AC guy that if ever decide to sell my house, clean the pan and paint it. Because it will throw up red flags from the home inspector. Mine was doing the same thing a few years ago. I had dirt in the system that jacked up two reversing valves before we changed the whole unit.
                        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post

I'll be giving him a call.. Im need someone to install all new ducting on my remodel

Comment

The main pipe is clogged that drains it to a sink pipe, the pan and pipe going outside is backup for when this happens. Also clean the coils, they sell the stuff to do it at home depot just don't mess up the fins.

Comment

Actually, after further to investigation, the back up drain is lower than the primary!

Comment

Working...
                              X