Man sentenced for boldly, fraudulently increasing tax return by $820,000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man sentenced for boldly, fraudulently increasing tax return by $820,000

SEATTLE -- A 69-year-old Redmond man has been sentenced to one year in prison for his alliterative and hilariously bold tax-fraud scheme to bilk the U.S. Government out of more than $800,000.

Frank F. Frink was charged with filing a false, fictitious and fraudulent tax claim back in September 2012. He pleaded guilty this March and was sentenced Wednesday.

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, in 2009 a tax preparer hired to handle Frink's 2008 return calculated he was owed a refund of $7,413.

Apparently unsatisfied by that sum, Frink instead went to an H & R Block branch armed with bogus forms indicating more than $1 million had been withheld from him. H & R Block calculated he was therefore owed a return of $827,117 -- more than 100 times his actual return amount.

According to the U.S. Attorney's Office, the IRS did not catch the fraud immediately and issued Frink his impressively exaggerated return, which he used to buy a $48,000 car and some other things.

Even an eventual visit from a federal revenue agent didn't deter Frink, who continued to spend his tax return money instead of returning it.

After Wednesday's sentencing, Frink is required to report to prison Sept. 24, giving him some time to be treated for various health issues, according to the U.S. Attorney's Office.

After serving his sentence, Frink will undergo three years of supervised release. And, I'm reminded of this classic Homer Simpson quote: "You know a D turns into a B so easily. You just got greedy."

I would have jumped ship!

Comment

Lol! Wow
      Allstate Insurance
      Dominguez Agency
      1101 E. Bardin Rd. suite 141
      Arlington, TX. 76018
      817-405-2011
      tdominguez@allstate.com
      Give us a call so we can take a look at your insurance needs, we may be able to save you $$!!

Comment

Damn $7k is still a nice return, greedy asshole!

Comment

there are way too many f's in that sentence, yet no f's were given by Frank F Frink and his false fictitious and fraudulent tax claim....
          2009 Mercedes C63 AMG

Comment

It should be a law: if you accidentally or purposely fuck up your returns in your favor, and the IRS issues you your money before they catch the fuckup, you should be able to keep the money free and clear with zero penalties, and the IRS should take the hit for not doing their job right in the first place.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
            "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Brilliant. Though his first purchase should have been a plane ticket to a country that doesn't extradite.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                Brilliant. Though his first purchase should have been a plane ticket to a country that doesn't extradite.
                Belize is right fucking there!
                ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Check clears, wire transfer initiated, me the fuck out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                    Check clears, wire transfer initiated, me the fuck out.
                    FYI: Beer in Belize is like $1.60/sixer.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                      FYI: Beer in Belize is like $1.60/sixer.
                      I was scoping real estate there. When do we roll out?

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                        I was scoping real estate there. When do we roll out?
                        As soon as I can figure out how to hijack a brinks truck.

Comment

With that kind of money, I'm surprised Snowden doesn't have a room mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                            With that kind of money, I'm surprised Snowden doesn't have a room mate.
                            He's gonna bunk up with Julian Assange.

How long is he going to be in Prison for? I could hide 840k in 6 months, or even better just fucking rent a private plane pay the pilot and gtfo outta here.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Hell, I'll spend a year in jail for almost a cool million. I need to get in better shape anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X