X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some good signs this week

Comment

• Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
      HEB >>>> Aldi, but in DFW we are still hosed.

And as far as silver goes: KEEP STACKING! Unless you are stupid and don't like real money when it's on sale.
      Lol that's like calling gold and diamonds real money as well. They have intrinsic value that we placed on them. They really arent worth anything other than what we make them to bed. Sociology 101

Comment

• Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
        They have intrinsic value that we placed on them. They really arent worth anything other than what we make them to bed. Sociology 101
        What exactly do you call money? Lol...

First let's forget the gold and silver standards through history, and just realize precious metals are a form of wealth. Even the USD has relative value.

Comment

• It went over your head. None of them have any value if we don't place it on them. Go back in history and see what used to be considered currency that today you would just laugh at. Sorry I took the thread another direction but its funny to see someone call silver more real.

Comment

It went over your head. None of them have any value if we don't place it on them. Go back in history and see what used to be considered currency that today you would just laugh at. Sorry I took the thread another direction but its funny to see someone call silver more real.
            No I'm saying you called something not money, then basically referred to it with the definition of money. You're going over your own head with drunkenness.

Or are you saying that the value of special printed linen in the US is not driven by what society determines it to be...

Comment

• Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
              What exactly do you call money? Lol...

First let's forget the gold and silver standards through history, and just realize precious metals are a form of wealth. Even the USD has relative value.
              Money is not a commodity, and that's where the argument that precious metals are money breaks down.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Originally posted by YALE View Post
                Money is not a commodity, and that's where the argument that precious metals are money breaks down.
                I guess on the pure definition of fiat money this is correct.

In the sense of commodity money or even the wealth definition of money, precious metals can be a money.

Referring to akfod, the only value fiat currency holds is that which we place on it.

Back to the spirit of the original silver = money post, I think we all understand the intended point. There is no profit in splitting hairs with definitions while ignoring the real value of the what was being said. If it were true that this is a failsafe investment then it's silly to argue that this is not a good source of discounted currency. I am not an investor so I don't know what precious metals will do...but we all understand the intent of his comparison.

Comment

If it were true that this is a failsafe investment then it's silly to argue that this is not a good source of discounted currency. I am not an investor so I don't know what precious metals will do...but we all understand the intent of his comparison.
                  I'm a professional investor and I cannot tell you what precious metals will do. Anyone who tells you they know what they'll do is either ignorant or a liar.

I can tell you that silver (and commodities) is far from failsafe - it's one of the most volatile asset classes there is.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

• Physical silver has no more value than printed money in terms of currency... Its value is created by us. That's what I thought was funny. Calling one item more real than another. Nothing to sweat but its pretty interesting we make something so powerful that really is worth nothing. Its value is intrinsic as I started originally but is certainly not worth debating.

Comment

Physical silver has no more value than printed money in terms of currency... Its value is created by us. That's what I thought was funny. Calling one item more real than another. Nothing to sweat but its pretty interesting we make something so powerful that really is worth nothing. Its value is intrinsic as I started originally but is certainly not worth debating.
                      Not really true, it has industrial and ornamental uses. Same as gold. Paper money is good for lining birdcages, that is about it.
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                      Originally posted by racrguy
                      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

I guess on the pure definition of fiat money this is correct.

In the sense of commodity money or even the wealth definition of money, precious metals can be a money.

Referring to akfod, the only value fiat currency holds is that which we place on it.

Back to the spirit of the original silver = money post, I think we all understand the intended point. There is no profit in splitting hairs with definitions while ignoring the real value of the what was being said. If it were true that this is a failsafe investment then it's silly to argue that this is not a good source of discounted currency. I am not an investor so I don't know what precious metals will do...but we all understand the intent of his comparison.
                        Relying on a double coincidence of wants, instead of liquidity, to run an economy is idiotic. It collapsed numerous European economies during the Renaissance. Spain is a perfect example. You're also making a common mistake that because precious metals are a retained form of wealth, that wealth is money. Wealth is not money, and money is not wealth. Money is, for the purposes of this discussion, a combination of a store of value and a medium of exchange. The more easily it's turned into what you want, the better. Real wealth is not money. Real wealth is a means of production, or a tool used to leverage it.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

• Almost up to $18 again.
                          sigpic

Comment

• The sale is clearly ending.... prices are moving up which is scary considering the relative strength of the dollar. Shit should be staying cheap since the dollar is the king of all fiat currencies right now and growing.

Keep stacking or one day you, or you family will regret that you did not.

Say what you want about precious metals. Had my parents enough fore thought to purchase precious metals they'd be wealthy and retired right now instead of barely squeaking by. I don't intend to ever be or leave my kids in the same situation. I will have a very diverse portfolio of silver, gold, land, stocks, bonds and firearms.

Comment

• I've got two gold eagle 1oz coins and one 8th coin all for 2600

Comment

• Originally posted by War Machine View Post
                                I've got two gold eagle 1oz coins and one 8th coin all for 2600
                                That's a real good deal! Too bad I'm a broke dick right now.

Comment

Working...
                                X