Watch out on the Lenovo Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watch out on the Lenovo Outlet

Lenovo was having some insane sales this week on their outlet, I was going to order an XPS 12 or XPS 18 because I have $650+ in gift cards for dell, but their system prices were really good. I ordered:

y500
    3rd gen i7
    1tb hd
    8gb memory/16gb ssd
    1gb 650m
    1080p

for $480+tax

It was supposed to ship the 19th. I talked to customer service last week and they said they were crazy busy and it would ship tuesday. I logged in to check my order today, and saw that the price was now $0.00. I knew they cancelled the order, so I called and they told me that "it was out of stock" which is odd because they sell specific systems on their site. I looked on the outlet and there were 10+ systems with the same configuration for ~$800. The lady on the phone said she doesn't know how anything works and I need to call someone else?

So, long story short, they cancelled my order a week after it was supposed to ship and they didn't bother letting me know it was cancelled. Sold my Zenbook, and I'm going out of town this weekend without a laptop.

Enjoy the rant, fuck lenovo.

I have a Lenovo G580 that I bought since October last year for $430.

Best fucking laptop purchase I have made IN MY LIFE.

It has windows 8, bleh but after tweaking it a bit I was able to put windows 7 64 and holy shit I was amazed today after realizing this baby can actually run games on low settings. Skyrim was extremely playable and so was CS GO etc.

Lenovo fan all the way from now on.

Other points is that the speakers fucking rock and the system also stays cooler than most.
    First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

just like att 50% off phone sale that some people got and others got canceled including myself.

Comment

You couldn't pay me to use a lenovo product.

Comment

Well, talked to them again and they said they would give me a discount on any other system so I ordered:

y500
          3rd gen i7
          1tb hd/16gb ssd
          16gb memory
          Dual gt750m graphics cards (sli)
          1080p
          Express shipping

$ 681.17

If they ship it, this is a really good deal as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
            You couldn't pay me to use a lenovo product.
            Exactly. My current pc is a Lenovo and it is nothing short of dogshit.

Comment

Lenovo outlet deals get canceled left and right.. There is a hugethread about them n slickdeals. I have tried3-4 times to iforder desktop deals abd never had luck. There is usually a 10% off or so coupon to stack on top of the deals

Comment

I've purchased two of their discounted desktops and both of them work flawlessly and arrived just a few days after purchase.

Stevo
                Originally posted by SSMAN
                ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                  Exactly. My current pc is a Lenovo and it is nothing short of dogshit.
                  It really comes down to the quality of components on a desktop. I've never seen a consumer PC run worth a crap.

With laptops, it comes down to build quality. A lot can go wrong with a laptop (bad cooling design, cheap construction).

Also, when dealing with MFG's the build quality varies greatly across the line. IE my last dell XPS was great, but i've had other dells fall apart in 5 months. My Asus Zenbook, best build quality ever, but cheap Asus laptops are pieces of crap

If you want a quality laptop, you can't beat Lenovo Thinkpads build quality, there is no comparison to their home products. For a decent configuration though your looking at $1500+

Comment

Originally posted by MustangPoser View Post
                    It really comes down to the quality of components on a desktop. I've never seen a consumer PC run worth a crap.

With laptops, it comes down to build quality. A lot can go wrong with a laptop (bad cooling design, cheap construction).

Also, when dealing with MFG's the build quality varies greatly across the line. IE my last dell XPS was great, but i've had other dells fall apart in 5 months. My Asus Zenbook, best build quality ever, but cheap Asus laptops are pieces of crap

If you want a quality laptop, you can't beat Lenovo Thinkpads build quality, there is no comparison to their home products. For a decent configuration though your looking at $1500+
                    Lenovo builds shit. Period. When IBM still built the thinkpads and ideapads, they were great, but then Lenovo (a Chinese company) bought them out, cut quality, and now they're shit. You're not going to convince me otherwise. I've had issues with every model ThinkPad you can think of or list, in both corporate and consumer environments.

Comment

Originally posted by Ratt View Post
                      Lenovo builds shit. Period. When IBM still built the thinkpads and ideapads, they were great, but then Lenovo (a Chinese company) bought them out, cut quality, and now they're shit. You're not going to convince me otherwise. I've had issues with every model ThinkPad you can think of or list, in both corporate and consumer environments.
                      The X1 Carbon is different. That thing is pure sex (minus the red clit no one uses)

Comment

I've got a Lenovo Thinkpad at work and an older one at home. I like them both, no hardware issues with either.
                        Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                        HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                        X