Favorite Texas Beer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real ale or 512 for me.
    Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

My buddy's brewery out in Seven Points, Tx.
      Love this beer.
      sigpic

Comment

Tried Shiner Premium this weekend, not a bad beer. I'm not a Bock fan, so I've never liked Shiner Bock. When in the sun for long periods like hanging out by the pool, I also like the Ruby Red from Shiner.

Comment

I'm surprised Ziegen isn't listed.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've never heard of some of these. Where are they able to be found? Don't recall ever seeing any at Goody Goody, Central Market or Spec's.

The people who voted Shiner, btw, are fuckin' crazy.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
              I've never heard of some of these. Where are they able to be found? Don't recall ever seeing any at Goody Goody, Central Market or Spec's.

Well you are a do-do head!
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Shiner is just easy when I don't feel like thinking about what I might be in the mood for two weeks down the line. You're not going to see me trying to convince anyone it's the greatest beer in the world or anything. I really like the Rahr Texas Red, and the Ugly Pug is pretty good too. I get it at Kroger.

Comment

Real Ale - Lost gold IPA (oddly on tap @ fridays firewheel)
                  Deep Ellum - IPA
                  Deep Ellum - Pollenator Bock
                  Firewheel - Blueberry IPA
                  Firewheel - Midnight Ninja
                  Lakewood - Hop Trap
                  Rahr - Regulator Dopplebock

I try to buy only Texas beer.

Comment

Live Oak isn't bottled, just on tap at some places. It's brewed here in Austin so a lot of non-chain restaurants/bars carry it.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                      I'm surprised Ziegen isn't listed.
                      Agreed.

Comment

Don't recall ever seeing any at Goody Goody, Central Market or Spec's.

I've seen many of these at specs. Lonestar in Carrollton used to have a great selection of local brews, I'm sure you can find a beer store in your area owned by someone into local craft brews.

And shiner bock is good beer. It's not fancy and it's nothing special, but it's the most widely available and likable "pilsner" alternative.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                          Agreed.
                          Eh... It's tasty but there's too many microbrews to list much less something from Busch.

PS anyone that hasn't had Martinhouse yet should definitely give it a try. Their imperial texan is fucking good.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowLX View Post
                            Eh... It's tasty but there's too many microbrews to list much less something from Busch.

PS anyone that hasn't had Martinhouse yet should definitely give it a try. Their imperial texan is fucking good.
                            I don't disagree with, but I've got a friend (from TX) stuck in CA and he seeks out Ziegen when in TX because it isn't available in Cali, Shiner is.

39k post.

Comment

I still like the good ole Lone Star, and the seasonal Shiners.

Had one of these recently (maybe not so much local anymore)....was pretty good.

70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by TeeShock View Post
                                I try to buy only Texas beer.
                                youre missing out...big time

Comment

Working...
                                X