X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When parkour goes wrong...

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
      I guess it's different when it's someone you don't know.
      While the incident is tragic.....yes it is different.

To be honest, my first thought was "natural selection". My second was "play stupid games, win stupid prizes".

Nothing good could possibly come from a child being out at that hour. As the father of a 14 year old, I can imagine my heartbreak at the loss.

That being said:

"Imagine that you found out that your best friend accidentally “donated” $50 to the relief efforts in Norman by pressing the wrong button on his/her cell phone. Would you find it hilarious? What if it was $2000 instead? As expected, people found the small donation of a good friend funnier, because it was less severe and didn’t have major financial repercussions.

But what if the same scenario happened to a complete stranger? In this case, the effect reverses itself, and if you are like most people, you will find it to be funnier. So when a stranger donates a ridiculous amount of money by accident, no one close is hurt, and the story is amusing. The closer the person is to you, small mistakes or accidents will tend to evoke more laughter, probably because the consequences are not too serious, while big mishaps take their toll."

Mel Brooks summed it up best: “Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die.”

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
        It is really strange that they would have been there so late. He must have been in bad shape as the hospital is only a couple minutes away from that museum.
        Could've been like a Steve Irwin thing. Punctured through the aorta and game over.

Comment

poor parenting = big money lawsuit. I hope the school countersues for trespassing.

Comment

We'll see.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by NoClassic View Post
              It is really strange that they would have been there so late. He must have been in bad shape as the hospital is only a couple minutes away from that museum.
              Yeah, about half a mile assuming they drove and didn't run across the field.
              Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
              Speaking from personal experience, that isn't the first teenager impaled at TTU , most tend to fall in the female and 18-19 range. Sometimes, there are gang impalings.
              Verified.

Comment

Working...
              X