Tight rope Grand Canyon live:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CJ View Post
    I sure and the hell would be if I was 1,500 feet above the grand canyon on a wire. The guy has more balls than anyone on here, he can say whatever he wants to while he's doing it as far as I'm concerned.
    Is it really considered "ballsy" when what you are doing intentionally put you in harms way, and has absolutely zero impact on mankind, other than your own 15 minutes of fame? Sounds kind of stupid when you put it on paper.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
      Is it really considered "ballsy" when what you are doing intentionally put you in harms way, and has absolutely zero impact on mankind, other than your own 15 minutes of fame? Sounds kind of stupid when you put it on paper.
      Isn't the definition of ballsy when you put yourself in harms way? He's a performer, he does it for a living. Millions of people wanted to see it, Discovery made millions off the performance. His life is on the line, moreso than pretty much anything I can conceive of. His faith is what allows him to focus, it just so happens that discovery attached a microphone to him.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Isn't the definition of ballsy when you put yourself in harms way?
        Would you consider playing Russian roulette on TV for the sole purpose of entertainment ballsy?

I guess what I am getting at is that being ballsy isn't always a positive trait.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Would you consider playing Russian roulette on TV for the sole purpose of entertainment ballsy?

I guess what I am getting at is that being ballsy isn't always a positive trait.
          Yes I would, you're putting your life on the line, that's the exact definition of ballsy. I never said it was positive, but I feel that what Nik Wallenda did was positive, he's overcoming his fears with his faith and he's inspiring other people to follow their dreams. I think he's a pretty good role model, he's got a nice family, married, he's sticking to the family business, and he's pretty damn unique. His way of coping with what I consider to be unfathomable danger is fascinating to me. It's entertainment, and millions of people watched last night.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I thought it was funny they had paramedics at the bottom of the canyon. LOL
            Originally posted by Nash B.
            Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

sounds to me like CJ is a frustrated tight rope walker!!!!

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                sounds to me like CJ is a frustrated tight rope walker!!!!

god bless.
                praise jesus almighty king of kings.

Comment

praise jesus almighty king of kings.
                  haha. i have really amused myself with the cj wallenda tag.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

My wife had her hands over her mouth the whole time. I was a little nervous because I'm not too crazy about heights to start with. The dude is living his dream and has balls of steel, so he can say whatever he wants IMO.

Comment

Working...
                    X