Who has a trailer w/winch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has a trailer w/winch?

I need to borrow a flat trailer with a winch next weekend to move my Torino. Does anyone have one I can borrow or rent?
    1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

anyone?

Comment

You're probably better off trying to rent something from uhaul.
      Nost people aren't going to loan out their car haulers.

Comment

Call or PM Kyle. Flatbed tow truck would probably be faster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Depending on where you need to go and when, I might be able to help. PM me some details and I will see what I can do.

Comment

I got one with hand winch, It pulled my 3800lb F-Body up it. Text me 214-779-7278
            GOD BLESS TEXAS
            August Landscaping
            214-779-7278
            Seb's high class.
            He'll mow your grass.
            He'll kick your ass.
            And while his kidney stones pass,
            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Seb the last line of you sig should be

Then he will smoke some grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                You're probably better off trying to rent something from uhaul.
                Nost people aren't going to loan out their car haulers.
                If u-Haul had winches I would rather than borrowing, but they dont...

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                Call or PM Kyle. Flatbed tow truck would probably be faster.

I have a truck to tow it, why would I pay?

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
                Depending on where you need to go and when, I might be able to help. PM me some details and I will see what I can do.
                Will do

Originally posted by SEB View Post
                I got one with hand winch, It pulled my 3800lb F-Body up it. Text me 214-779-7278
                Text sent

Comment

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
                  I have a truck to tow it, why would I pay?
                  Because it's easier?

Comment

"I have a truck to tow it, why would I pay?"

Because you don't have a trailer. .. lol.. anyway i used to tow for board members. But i sold my trailer like 3 years ago. I need to buy a another. Btw i used to lend out my first trailer until someone wrecked it and never paid me for it. After that experience i stopped lending out tools and didnt lend out the next one i bought. But would tow for anyone as long as i drove, just took one shitty person to ruin it for everyone.

Comment

Go get you a couple come-a-longs and some straps, and rent a trailer from uhaul.

Comment

Originally posted by 01svtboy View Post
                        "I have a truck to tow it, why would I pay?"

Because you don't have a trailer. .. lol.. anyway i used to tow for board members. But i sold my trailer like 3 years ago. I need to buy a another. Btw i used to lend out my first trailer until someone wrecked it and never paid me for it. After that experience i stopped lending out tools and didnt lend out the next one i bought. But would tow for anyone as long as i drove, just took one shitty person to ruin it for everyone.
                        You hit the nail on the head.

I've done several car hauls for contacts on this board.

Most all have understood that it's a significant undertaking when you factor in the time, effort, cost of equipment, maintenance cost, convenience factor, etc.

...and then, some don't.
                        Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

OP - Not sure where you are located, but there is a place at the corner of Johnson Rd. and Hwy. 377 in Keller....when I was passing by there last weekend I noticed that they had a couple flat bed haulers out there with signs that said they rent them for $40/day. That's the best deal I've seen.

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                          You hit the nail on the head.

I've done several car hauls for contacts on this board.

Most all have understood that it's a significant undertaking when you factor in the time, effort, cost of equipment, maintenance cost, convenience factor, etc.

...and then, some don't.
                          I used to do some hauls on the side too...from a few forums and even on CL ad, was good for a while but got to a point where it seemed everyone wanted to negotiate the rate (which I already made sure was WAY lower than calling a wrecker)....and then there were those people who would hit me up with the "can't you just help me out...my car broke down, dog ate homework, stubbed my toe, lost my job, and I don't have any money".

It's gotten to a point where I just flat do not lend my rig unless it's a really good friend who knows how to haul....especially with the new trailer I have now. I've had more trailer damage that wasn't caused by me than I can remember....a lot due to mistakes made not knowing how to safely haul and/or check shit before pulling out. I've had my light/brake cord drug off multiple times, lights knocked off, ramps bent, brought home with the spare on and no new or fixed tire that came off of it....even had one jackass neighbor who managed to bend the tongue so bad that he just left his stinger/ball when he put it back, b/c he couldn't get it to release.
                          70' Chevelle RagTop
                          (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                            OP - Not sure where you are located, but there is a place at the corner of Johnson Rd. and Hwy. 377 in Keller....when I was passing by there last weekend I noticed that they had a couple flat bed haulers out there with signs that said they rent them for $40/day. That's the best deal I've seen.

I used to do some hauls on the side too...from a few forums and even on CL ad, was good for a while but got to a point where it seemed everyone wanted to negotiate the rate (which I already made sure was WAY lower than calling a wrecker)....and then there were those people who would hit me up with the "can't you just help me out...my car broke down, dog ate homework, stubbed my toe, lost my job, and I don't have any money".

It's gotten to a point where I just flat do not lend my rig unless it's a really good friend who knows how to haul....especially with the new trailer I have now. I've had more trailer damage that wasn't caused by me than I can remember....a lot due to mistakes made not knowing how to safely haul and/or check shit before pulling out. I've had my light/brake cord drug off multiple times, lights knocked off, ramps bent, brought home with the spare on and no new or fixed tire that came off of it....even had one jackass neighbor who managed to bend the tongue so bad that he just left his stinger/ball when he put it back, b/c he couldn't get it to release.
                            my trailer has a bent axle, torn and spliced wires, and the good trailer tires I bought new have been slowly replaced with cheap used car tires. Mine is actually more or less my stepdad's, but he was loaning it out, letting it get torn up and I was paying for parts and doing repairs, and it got to where I couldnt use it when I needed to because it was broke.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I had a trailer wench but she went crazy had to let her go.

Comment

Working...
                              X