Bank fishing - North DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bank fishing - North DFW

I tried to search, but came up with a lot of threads about fishing accidents where firearms went down with the boat.

I'm taking a day off work this coming week just to go fishing. The problem is that it's been about 20 years since I've been fishing and never around here.

Can anyone recommend a lake in North DFW that has a trail I can take my Jeep on to get closer to the water? I'll most likely catch and release, but looking for bass, catfish, perch.
    كافر

Originally posted by sc281
    Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
    Originally posted by Trick Pony
    ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Sometimes you cant beat hitting the shade by the docks at any lake.

Comment

Ray Hubbard in rowlett of 30 and dalrock. Some bass catfish and lots of panfish to be had. Try texasfishingforum.com in the bank fishing section. I fish a lot not usually successful but it's still fun. Lmk if you need a fishing buddy, but I prolly won't show up.
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

If you go to Hubbard, you can go down to where the damn opens by highway 80. You can't get the jeep up close. Have yo park a couple hundred yards away.

Comment

Bachman lake under the bridge on northwest highway.
          07 GT500
          05 SRT10
          88 turbocoupe T-bird
          93 Cobra
          86 coupe
          Ducati 848

Comment

At least you guys still have a decent amount of water in the lakes down there, ours are all in the 38% or less.
            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

I'm not sure where you are at are how far you are wanting to go but I have a buddy that's been having a ton of luck of the bank at Lake Bardwell in Ennis. He said he cleans up every trip.

Comment

I'm in McKinney. I'm willing to drive as far as Lake Grapevine, Ray Hubbard, Texoma, Ray Roberts.
                كافر

Originally posted by sc281
                Always better to be an Uncle than a Father. All the fun stuff and none of the expensive stuff.
                Originally posted by Trick Pony
                ...from what I've seen on here bcoop knows his shit when it comes to smoking meat.

Comment

For catfish, look around lake lewisville on Google Maps and find a cove with a new lake front housing development. I haven't been bank fishing much the last couple years but have found a lot of great temporary spots that way (little elm area used to be where I would focus).

I've never had much luck bass fishing from the bank. If I were looking to do some quick bass fishing from Mckinney I'd head to lake fork (1.5 hour drive) and rent a boat. Rick's boat rental used to be $100 a day for a basic aluminum xpress bass boat. Prolly closer to $150 a day now, and they include a free tank of fuel.

Even then, for bass, bank fishing lake fork is your best bet

++Another option is to find someone on Craigslist with a bass boat. Lot of people post up offering a seat in exchange for sharing fuel.

Comment

Originally posted by HOOCBB View Post
                    I'm in McKinney. I'm willing to drive as far as Lake Grapevine, Ray Hubbard, Texoma, Ray Roberts.
                    McKinney has several small lakes inside the city limits with good bass in them. There is a golf course over there that has tall weeds grown up around the pond that is great fishing for bass. Been over there with a friend & our sons. Caught several in the 4-5 pound range in a very short time. Got chiggers though.......

There is another slighly larger lake in a subdivision that was almost as good.

These are a just couple of places to hit before or after work and don't really take the place of going to a bigger lake but the fishing can be good & the relaxation is even better.

Comment

There is some great fishing on a couple of the tributaries running off Lake Carolyn in Las Colinas. There is also the Los Colinas Country Club that has some big bass in there ponds.

Comment

Copyright 2010? - Ron Bean This map lists over 200 bank fishing spots in Texas. There are now 2 pages to the map, so if you don't see an area covered on the map, scroll to the bottom of the listing and click "Next" under the Google logo. 3/14/2017 - Seven years ago, I developed this map as a way of marking and tracking my own personal fishing spots. As it grew, I shared it with my fellow fishermen on the Texas Fishing Forum. It quickly grew in popularity with spots being added weekly. Today the map has grown from 10 spots on Lake Lewisville to a statewide map with over 250 fishing spots. None of this would have been possible but without contributions from the members.on TFF. Late in 2016 my wife and I retired to our own special fishing spot in East Texas. As a result I've decided to no longer accept new spot submissions. The map will still remain available for use, but in a static form. Thanks for all your support, it's been a fun ride. Tight Lines, Ron Bean - Kingfisher Created by: KingFisher ?Copyright 2010 All rights reserved.

Comment

Working...
                        X