Why are so many teenagers so little?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are so many teenagers so little?

When I was a teen it seemed liked there were a ton of guys that were over 6 foot tall. Every time I go out to eat all I see are a skinny hipster punks less than 5'10 and the few teens Iv seen over 6 foot look like a 300lbs WOW nerd that never gets out of the house. Anyone noticed this current trend?

I've noticed the opposite. It seems like today's youth are noticeably larger than youth in my younger days.

Comment

I thought the guy I bought my car from was in his late 20's early 30's. Then he tells me he is 18 and this was he first job. Then I thought no wonder he didn't know anything about anything.

Comment

It seems like the high school football games I've gone to with my stepson, the players all look smaller than when I played. On the opposite side, it seems like the girls are developing much earlier. I could only name about 3 chicks from my highschool that seemed like they had great knockers. Now it seems like I gotta be careful I ain't checking out a 16 year old with Ds. Maybe todays youth just likes to show it off more than 15 years ago.

Comment

I'm 19 and 6'2/220. I look older than I am.
          2012 GT500

Comment

They're bigger to me. Boys these days do not look like the boys we had when I was in school.

Comment

I was a tall skinny bastard in high school. 6'4 155 lol.

220 now.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

19 and 6'1 250. There were a couple in my high school that were bigger than me but not that many.
                Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

A ton of my 8th graders are taller than me. (I'm 5'5) They seem bigger than I remember from when I was in school too.
                  sigpic

Comment

i was a short bastard i weighed i was 5''7" but i weighed 235 and benched 315

Comment

Depends on what kids you are around.. I know this sounds racist, I mean no ill will about it, but in heavily latino schools, the average height is much lower than the national average..

Anyways, it's cool for me to say stuff like that since my son is half Mexican.. That's how it works, right?

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                        Depends on what kids you are around.. I know this sounds racist, I mean no ill will about it, but in heavily latino schools, the average height is much lower than the national average..

Anyways, it's cool for me to say stuff like that since my son is half Mexican.. That's how it works, right?
                        The salesman I was referring to was Mexican. He was a big bastard!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          19 and 6'1 250. There were a couple in my high school that were bigger than me but not that many.
                          Send me the number to one who can properly work a phone! KTHXBAI!

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
                            Send me the number to one who can properly work a phone! KTHXBAI!
                            pick me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111onejuan

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              The salesman I was referring to was Mexican. He was a big bastard!
                              I'm not saying that all Mexicans are shorter, but based on averages, I am willing to bet the mean height is a couple inches shorter than anglo or black. But is somewhat regional too.

Comment

Working...
                              X