Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know about those fiberglass pools you see on the side of the road south on I35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know about those fiberglass pools you see on the side of the road south on I35

I see a ton of them near Austin and San Antonio... Anyone know much about them or anyone around here that sells/installs them?
    GIFSoup

I don't have direct experience, so I'm really just talking out of my ass, but they don't seem like a good idea to me. Seems like a waste to dig and plumb but then put in a shell that I would think would have less of a life of cement.

Plus, aren't those fairly shallow? You don't want a shallow pool around here.. It'll feel like a bath tub in the summer. You need some depth to keep the temp reasonable.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
      I don't have direct experience, so I'm really just talking out of my ass, but they don't seem like a good idea to me. Seems like a waste to dig and plumb but then put in a shell that I would think would have less of a life of cement.

Plus, aren't those fairly shallow? You don't want a shallow pool around here.. It'll feel like a bath tub in the summer. You need some depth to keep the temp reasonable.
      I'm not a fan of in ground pools, mostly because I live in the country and have the fear of finding a cotton mouth or copperhead in it.

As for the temps, Glacier pool coolers are your friend. I have an above ground pool that normally becomes a hot tub in the summer. Bought one of their coolers and it hasn't gone above 87*F yet, two days ago it got the temps down to 81*F.

Comment

A buddy had a bad experience with one. The bottom wash out some how and the weight of the water push a 3ft crack in the side. Took months for them to come out and replace it.
        Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I had a friend growing up that had one of those fiberglass inground pools, it was just a basic rectangle with steps on one end and a diving board on the other and was I wanna say like....12 feet deep? Anyways, if it ended up raining a bunch the pool would start floating up from the ground until the groundwater finally ran off
          --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post

Our pool is a fiberglass shell. From what I understand, there is a lakebed underneath it that kept them from doing the spray in.

Comment

They are mass grave liners for the FEMA death camps.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
                They are mass grave liners for the FEMA death camps.
                this.
                I would go beat the fuck out of all of them within an inch of their life, then fuck their chihuahua while they watch as they get loaded into the ambulance

Comment

I had one growing up. 3ft sloped to 10 ft. I liked it better than concrete type because it was smooth and easy on the feet. We had it 20+ years when my parents sold the house with no problems. The only thing is, you can't drain them or they will pop up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                    Our pool is a fiberglass shell. From what I understand, there is a lakebed underneath it that kept them from doing the spray in.
                    That makes sense.. My aunt had an in-ground that was a rubber like material. It felt really good on your feet.. Really smooth and kind of spongy. But that was in San Diego, and they don't have the ground issues that we have here.

Comment

Working...
                    X