No announcement yet.

Painter Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Classics in Texarkana, Texas is one of the few I've seen that do excellent work and don't take forever, but they don't do insurance work. They specialize in restorations. Scott quoted me $6500 to color change the Camaro from black to orange. That's blowing it completely apart for the color change.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
      Was the pricing reasonable? Looking to potentially repaint my Mustang, I don't want to do it myself again...once is enough.
      for everything they did I feel it was reasonable at $2,500. There was a big dent in the rear quarter, rust between the rear window and trunk lid, and several other smaller dents. They also did door jambs, and underside of trunk and hood. It has held up pretty good over the years, no peeling fading or oxidation. This was in 01 so I am sure the same job will be more today.

Comment

I lost on one of these things too.. Wanst my friends shop but a friend of a friend worked there. Lost my ass on that one. Lesson learned.

Comment

This is why i now do all my own prep and body work. found a good painter, agreed on a price to "spray" my car then had it buffed by someone else.

My painter made $1000 for one full day of work, and i helped.

I had him go over my finish work one last time before spray day.

After all i did the work, i now understand why good painters charge so much for a perfect paint job!

if you dont know how to to body repair/work, you will by the time you finish.
          One day at a time.

Comment

Thanks Guys !!!

Shop Name:
            A Masters Touch
            2343 Merrell #302
            Dallas Texas
            Gilbert C. Franco owner

I feel so stupid, just that it was a "friend".

I will get the car trailer this weekend and go from their.

Wife is 56 and large, wouldn't want youall to have nightmares.

Comment

if a shop needs half up front they are toast anyway . no working capital means they are not producing or blowing the money . pay for your paint but not one dime of labor until you see results .
              he's already made a profit and hasn't touched it .

Comment

Everyone that I have ever known that has gotten a "hook up" or an otherwise good deal on painting their car has not been satisfied. Most were even worse and had a shitty experience.

I have been fortunate enough to never need to get paint work on a car, but if I did I would either: 1. Spend more than I would want to at a solid, reputable place, or; 2. understand that if I was getting a good deal, to keep my expectations really low.

If / when I ever really need paint work I think I would just bone up and try to do it myself.. That way my expectations would be low, along with my cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Kart21 View Post
                  Gilbert C. Franco owner
                  Damn the first page of google results on this guys name is all Sex Offender list stuff. If its not the same guy, bad name to have in Tarrant County!
                  WRX

Comment

Oh it is him.

Occupation
                    Employer Occupation Address
                    A MASTER TOUCH

What a fucking scum bag.
                    WRX

Comment

Have had 3 cars painted. Datsun got walnut blasted and had a ton of work done for 6500$. Car still looks very nice 13 years later. Dragster's I have owned were easy paint jobs and a different painter did those (the guy that painted Kim Smith's KOTH car). Again, great work.

Key thing, neither were buddies. Was simple, I want this done. They did the work and got paid.
                      Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Looks like Jr. is the Sex Offender, 13 years ago, he would have been 18-ish then with a 7 year old little girl.

The guy you are dealing with depending on age is Daddy.

Leave him a review :

Note:? This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

A MASTER'S TOUCH PAINT & BODY in Dallas, reviews by real people. Yelp is a fun and easy way to find, recommend and talk about what’s great and not so great in Dallas and beyond.
                        WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          Old cars and restorations suck. Nobody want to pay enough and no one wants to do them. Do not prepay or pay just enough for materials and that's it.
                          Restoration are a pain and take a lot of time. There are shops that can do them but they should be up front on on approximate cost and time and stick to that. No decent shop will do a restoration paint job for just material money till finished. They will get a small deposit and bill as stages of work is completed. This job just sounds like a driver quality paint job should have been in and out in 4-6 weeks. Without seeing the car it's hard to say.

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                          Welcome to every body shop in business. I swear, this happens to everyone I've ever known with a paint project.
                          Not all shops are out to screw everyone over. Most of the people I here complain about getting screwed over went to a shop that gave them a deal because they where slow. A shop that does great restoration paint work in the DFW area will not be slow or need to give you a deal. Some collision shops will take on a resto when they are slow just to keep their guys busy. That is not a good idea for the shop or the customer. Most collision shop employees are not trained to restore they replace it's a different set of skills. ( I am not criticizing tecs that only do collision it's hard work and takes a lot of skill but it is a different skill/mind set. ) The workers get frustrated with the project and work stops car gets pushed in the corner.

Originally posted by onjacks View Post
                          This is why i now do all my own prep and body work. found a good painter, agreed on a price to "spray" my car then had it buffed by someone else.

My painter made $1000 for one full day of work, and i helped.

I had him go over my finish work one last time before spray day.

After all i did the work, i now understand why good painters charge so much for a perfect paint job!

if you dont know how to to body repair/work, you will by the time you finish.
                          I think every car owner that want's to restore a car should attempt to do some of the work themselves it would give them a much better understanding of whats involved in doing the job right also the time and cost involved.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                            Looks like Jr. is the Sex Offender, 13 years ago, he would have been 18-ish then with a 7 year old little girl.

The guy you are dealing with depending on age is Daddy.

Leave him a review :

Note:? This blog post outlines upcoming changes to Google Currents for Workspace users. For information on the previous deprecation of Googl...

http://www.yelp.com/biz/a-masters-to...nd-body-dallas

Just left him a wonderful review.

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                              Thats his kid, never out of trouble

Comment

Working...
                              X