Chemical Spill on I45 by Corsicana

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chemical Spill on I45 by Corsicana

An 18-wheeler hauling chemicals crashed near Corsicana, closing Interstate 45 in both directions and later prompting an evacuation of the Emergency Room at Baylor Hospital.

The Dallas Fire-Rescue hazardous material team was called to Baylor Hospital around 1 pm June 20, after at least one victim from the crash arrived at the hospital located in the 3500 block of Gaston Avenue. Ambulances en route to Baylor Hospital were diverted to other facilities to avoid any potential cross-contamination.

Officials have not yet released the name of the chemical involved, though video footage of the crash scene revealed a yellow substance.

Texas Department of Transportation expects Interstate 45 to remain closed until at least 5 pm.

chris i cant thank you enough for posting that. we are headed to houston this eve. Any way i can keep abreast of the traffic and or closure online? we arent leaving until 7pm after Jr.'s BJJ

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
      chris i cant thank you enough for posting that. we are headed to houston this eve. Any way i can keep abreast of the traffic and or closure online? we arent leaving until 7pm after Jr.'s BJJ

god bless.
      Go through waco?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If you take 35 to Waco and then cut east on Hwy 84 through Mexia to 45, you'll bypass Corsicana completely. It'll add an hour to your drive though

But personally, with an unknown chemical spill....mmmmm, it might be worth it. It should be cleaned up by 5, but who knows how bad traffic is going to be backed up.

or, go through Athens and then loop back west at Palestine. Still adding up to an hour.

Comment

RICE - A chemical that spilled onto northbound Interstate 45, spurring closures in both directions in Rice, was determined not to be hazardous, said Dallas Fire-Rescue.

According to spokesman Jason Evans, the chemical was identified as hydroxychloride, which is used to purify water.

LOL at this line from the article:
          Where an 18-wheeler and tractor-trailer collided

Comment

god bless.
            Can you cut through Mexia and get me some Jim's Krispy Fried chicken while you are taking an alternate route?

Comment

Ive done that route, leaving west houston at the same time as a co-worker both headed to dallas. I got on 287 off 35 two cars in front of him.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

yep, i lived in waco for a few years too. im sure ive taken every direct and indirect route from houston to dallas.

was the czech stop damaged at all?

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

MattB is sitting in that shit. LOLOLOL

Comment

probably just vaping liquid, nothing to worry about!

Comment

yep, i lived in waco for a few years too. im sure ive taken every direct and indirect route from houston to dallas.

was the czech stop damaged at all?

god bless.
                      nope, i made the old lady get kolaches on her way back from Austin a week ago

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        probably just vaping liquid, nothing to worry about!
                        sweet christ!!!! could you imagine the road rage going on??? no wives or children would be safe!

god bless.

Comment

gotta love the media. that Estes truck crashed like the NYSE did today.
                          Haha
                          Last edited by Captain Crawfish; 06-20-2013, 04:03 PM.

Comment

Fuuuuuuck! Just now to the Loves in Sanger near Northstar Dragway. I was stuck in that shit for a couple hours. I left Houston at 8am. Trying to make it to Hallett before it gets dark. Doesn't look like I'm gonna make it!

Comment

Working...
                            X