Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10 year old wants to live with the other parent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kirbster View Post
    Agreed on both points. Let her go and she will probably want to come back.
    We've all touched on this when we've discussed it. Our concern is her believing that this is the answer to lifes problems. If you don't like the one you're with, just leave. Hypocritical coming from 3 divorcees....but true.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
      The "friend" was always the dominant one in the friendship and has now become her bully.
      That's unfortunate. Girls can really turn into antagonistic pricks at this point, and bullying spreads like wildfire. You two sound like loving, involved parents. That's a definite advantage for her.

Comment

maybe let her go for a bit during the summer?

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
          She really is a daddy's girl, and he's a good guy. But he agrees 100%, even though he would love to have her up there.
          Clutch and good to hear there is cohesion among the family/step family. Only input I have is to send here up there longer during the summer if she is not up there long. Show more emotion when she comes back...etc...etc.

Of course, like the rest I'm an outsider - but these are just some ideas.
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            maybe let her go for a bit during the summer?

god bless.
            She does, and it does help. The last few months have been particularly difficult though.

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Clutch and good to hear there is cohesion among the family/step family. Only input I have is to send here up there longer during the summer if she is not up there long. Show more emotion when she comes back...etc...etc.

Of course, like the rest I'm an outsider - but these are just some ideas.
            At this point, every suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeChevyII View Post
              She's 10, Unfortunately is about the age they want to move. My Daughter who is 10, recently moved in with me. It's the best feeling ever knowing her Mom agreed it was the best thing. I even requested no child support to be paid on her end.

There is no stronger bond between a Father and his Daughter.
              That is pretty cool.

Comment

I still remember the custody hearing after my parents were divorced (I was in 2nd grade)....the judge took my brother and I into his chambers and asked us each separately, point-blank....do you want to live with your Mom or your Dad?

My brother immediately said Mom, and was shocked when I said "Dad...for sure my Dad". (Brother has always been closer to Mom and I've always been closer to Dad).
                70' Chevelle RagTop
                (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                  I still remember the custody hearing after my parents were divorced (I was in 2nd grade)....the judge took my brother and I into his chambers and asked us each separately, point-blank....do you want to live with your Mom or your Dad?

My brother immediately said Mom, and was shocked when I said "Dad...for sure my Dad". (Brother has always been closer to Mom and I've always been closer to Dad).
                  my sister stayed with my mom, but she didnt ever really get the chance to speak up.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Shit I've been trying to convince my son to move in with me for the past 3 years without any luck.
                    Originally posted by talisman
                    I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                    Originally posted by AdamLX
                    If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                    Because fuck you, that's why
                    Originally posted by 80coupe
                    nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                    Originally posted by Rick Modena
                    ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

All my mom had to do when I threw living with my dad in her face was remind me that he'd never let me do as much as she did. Shallow, I know, but that shit worked.

Maybe there's not as much to do where her dad lives? Whatever she's into - sports, dance, etc. Just a thought.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X