• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That sucks sorry for your loss rip

Comment

That sucks terribly. Sorry for your loss. RIP

Bicycles are crazy dangerous...
      When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Those velodrome races hit some pretty incredible speeds, due to no wind. It's like riding in a vacuum with banked turns, and you can haul ass. I did it a few times just to see what it was like.
        RIP!

Comment

Here is my crash in April. Broke my clavicle in 2 places and was knocked out cold for 5 minutes.

You just never know, there are so many variables. It is part of the sport I suppose. If it wasn't for my helmet I would probably not be here. It was smashed and split in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DIGv7d5xfgo

Comment

Originally posted by Beej View Post
            Here is my crash in April. Broke my clavicle in 2 places and was knocked out cold for 5 minutes.

You just never know, there are so many variables. It is part of the sport I suppose. If it wasn't for my helmet I would probably not be here. It was smashed and split in half.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=DIGv7d5xfgo
            gravel on the road?

Comment

Originally posted by roliath View Post
              gravel on the road?
              Don't think so. Road was swept. I hit the a small dip there, and I guess it was enough to unweight the rear tire while I was putting power down. If it would have just slid out it would have been ok. Some road rash and a bruised ego but since it caught it threw me strait down. I have avoided so many wrecks in my time but this one got the better of me.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                Velodrome or crit ?

Either way it's horrible

Just yesterday I saw a video of a friend's cousin who was testing out his new GoPro on his bike ride to work. He hit a giant pothole about 20 sec into his ride and broke multiple ribs, a wrist, a collarbone, etc.

Be careful out there.
                My step dad used to be big on the road bikes, mostly just for fun, but he did a lot of the group rides. He his a pothole one day when he was deep in a pack and got a good case of road rash across he whole left cheek. It was pretty gnarly but he was lucky that was the worst of the damage. He has kept a beard since to cover the huge scar.

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                Those velodrome races hit some pretty incredible speeds, due to no wind. It's like riding in a vacuum with banked turns, and you can haul ass. I did it a few times just to see what it was like.
                RIP!
                I lived in Colorado Springs for a while in the 90's and watched some of the olympic training on one they have there. It's like watching slot cars.

Comment

No one is sure yet what exactly happened but here is the story.
                  http://fox5sandiego.com/2013/06/19/f...#axzz2Wkv0kl2o

Comment

Prayers sent for her friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                      My step dad used to be big on the road bikes, mostly just for fun, but he did a lot of the group rides. He his a pothole one day when he was deep in a pack and got a good case of road rash across he whole left cheek. It was pretty gnarly but he was lucky that was the worst of the damage. He has kept a beard since to cover the huge scar.
                      Luckily I have not had a bad fall but they say when you are falling you are supposed to keep your hands on the handlebars. They say the worst thing you can do is try to brace yourself since most of the time it breaks your arm or wrist. So that means you are going to have road rash like a mother.

Comment

Tell your friend's parents to make sure her organs get donated. A lot of people die on transplant lists for no damn reason.
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                          Tell your friend's parents to make sure her organs get donated. A lot of people die on transplant lists for no damn reason.
                          They are keeping her alive 24 hours to test what organs are still good. She is an ideal candidate being a non-smoker, worked out, young, etc. and she is already signed up to be a donor. Their family is some of the most considerate people you would ever meet and despite this happening I know it will bring them some joy knowing she saved someone else.

Comment

Working...
                          X