Help my brother out real quick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
    I do find it interesting that a lot of religious people seem to associate people who aren't religious with being unethical or immoral.
    It's part of the schtick of modern religions. They posit that without god you're nothing and that you are in fact evil. Then they point to "atheistic" regimes as evidence and leave out key details that would destroy what they're saying.
    Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
    Done.

Someone explain to me why I can't be both non-religious & ethical at the same time? Some of the most honest people I know aren't religious.
    You can be, whoever says you can't is a fucking asshole that doesn't know anything.

Completed.

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
      It's part of the schtick of modern religions. They posit that without god you're nothing and that you are in fact evil. Then they point to "atheistic" regimes as evidence and leave out key details that would destroy what they're saying.
      im in church every sunday, and i have never heard that.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Echo

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
          im in church every sunday, and i have never heard that.

god bless.
          Look into more apologetics.

Edit: I would also like to note, my use of "they" was not an inclusive term to mean all religious people/pastors, it was meant to group most apologists together. I have been in a few different churches that said that.

Comment

Look into more apologetics.
            i dont think i need to. what church were you in that you heard that? the mt. zion united non-denominational 3rd temple of dammitsteve?

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
              i dont think i need to. what church were you in that you heard that? the mt. zion united non-denominational 3rd temple of dammitsteve?

god bless.
              A roman catholic church north of Chicago (in Highland Park, for those interested) Austin Avenue United Methodist Church in Waco, and Park Avenue Baptist Church, also in Waco.

I was also in Parkview Baptist Church where they demonized jews for "condemning" jesus to death. The sermon was essentially "The jews allowed Jesus to die on the cross, they're EVIL!"
              Last edited by racrguy; 06-19-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

A roman catholic church north of Chicago (in Highland Park, for those interested) Austin Avenue United Methodist Church in Waco, and Park Avenue Baptist Church, also in Waco.
                Because Waco is known to be home to vast numbers of open minded religious types....

Comment

i was in waco from 93-98. that believable.

god bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                    Because Waco is known to be home to vast numbers of open minded religious types....
                    I do not associate the bible belt with "open minded religious types" I associate that with "fundamentalist" as that is most likely the case. Obviously there are exceptions to that and I do not lump all religious people in with those statements.

Comment

Done.

Comment

Again, thanks a bunch guys and gals. Would rather this not turn into a religious debate. I'm kinda wondering where his thesis is gonna go. Back when he was in High School, my brother was a very...I don't wanna say religious, but faithful to his church kid. Always went to church and did a lot of extra-curricular things with it. I've been to his (my parents) church a number of times and can understand why he liked it. A lot of really good people there. However, over the last few years I've seen him evolve as a person and believe that he, if anybody, is a great person to do an un-biased study of religion and politics today.
                        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Finito

David

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                            Again, thanks a bunch guys and gals. Would rather this not turn into a religious debate. I'm kinda wondering where his thesis is gonna go. Back when he was in High School, my brother was a very...I don't wanna say religious, but faithful to his church kid. Always went to church and did a lot of extra-curricular things with it. I've been to his (my parents) church a number of times and can understand why he liked it. A lot of really good people there. However, over the last few years I've seen him evolve as a person and believe that he, if anybody, is a great person to do an un-biased study of religion and politics today.
                            Yup, that's why I was very careful on my wording too.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Not done

Comment

Done

Comment

Working...
                                X