GPS: tomtom vs garmin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPS: tomtom vs garmin

Is there much of a difference between the two? I have used both in the past but can't remember a big difference. I am planning on picking one up soon for the car and was just curious if anyone recommended one over the other for any reason.
    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

We've used both at our shop, my garmin 9 times out of 10 gets me there quicker and with less BS than the tomtom my cohorts use. after having this POS Neverlost (neverRIGHT) in my rental this week, i'm even more thankful for my nuvi.

Comment

Subscribing.

Comment

Nav on my phone using Google Maps. Free & always up to date.
        sigpic

Comment

So I am looking at Garmin devices and was trying to compare them; besides battery life and screen size what the hell is the difference?

https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/cata...Product=120960
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I liked my Garmin Nuvi.
            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Think its useless features. I use a nuvi 205

Comment

Had both, prefer Garmin.

Comment

Be sure to buy an LM or LMT model. Map upgrades are ridiculous. If you don't care about Traffic alerts go with The LM (free Lifetime map) but if traffic alerts is a must go with the LMT (free lifetime maps and traffic). The big difference is the 5X series is the bigger 5" screen and the 4X series is 4.3". I really am glad I upgraded to the 5". Unfortunately I am in the market again because my 2555LMT got stolen out of my company van last Thursday night. Garmin had a ridiculous sale Saturday morning that I missed. I was wanting to get the top of the line model but didn't want to spend $349 and they had it on sale for $192. The 42LM was on sale for $71.49.

Comment

I torrent the map updates, fwiw

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                      Nav on my phone using Google Maps. Free & always up to date.
                      the truth, get a new phone, and a mount for the dash or windshield.
                      ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                        the truth, get a new phone, and a mount for the dash or windshield.
                        Garmin blows away Google maps. I wish they'd make the same software for mobile devices.

Comment

Working...
                        X