Valet Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by talisman View Post
    I thought my stereo sounded off after retrieving my car in New Orleans from the hotel valet. A couple of days later I figured out that motherfucker had screwed with my audio settings and turned the bass all the way up.
    When I worked valet at UTSW, we had a couple of "thugs" that worked there that would turn every radio station to K104 and blast the music, not even changing it back or turning it down before being brought back to the customer. The company was too scared to fire them, until they were finally caught stealing, or fighting on the job.

Comment

I thought my stereo sounded off after retrieving my car in New Orleans from the hotel valet. A couple of days later I figured out that motherfucker had screwed with my audio settings and turned the bass all the way up.
      it was N.O. they did that as a thank you for you tip. i adjust. yo' levels dawg.

god bless.
      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
        *IF* you have the option to set speed limit and/or boost controls on your car would you do it for having your car valeted?

I hate valets and don't generally allow anyone to drive my car, but I'm told due to the location Omni/Bob's that it'd be best to just suck it up and shut up. Is the location really that much of a pain for those that have been? Brent?

No real good input on the tune part, but I was at Whiskey & Rye (@ the Omni) last Saturday afternoon for a bit. When I came out I guess the valet didn't want to deal with everyone in the drive thru area so he just pulled my shit right up on the sidewalk. He got a couple extra bucks for making me laugh and saving me a big pain in the ass

Comment

I don't valet because of poor self-image.. I don't deserve it.

Seriously though, I prefer not to valet because I don't want to wait for the damn car.. I only do so in those shitty situations where there is no other reasonable parking.

What I really hate is places that block off half of their parking lot for valet, when the self parking is like 40 feet away and otherwise in the same lot. (Think half of the restaurants in Las Colinas)

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
            And trust me when I say, thank you for wanting to park yourself since you are a cheap ass. Some people I work with get really pissed off when someone wants to self park. I don't get it. If it's that big of an issue, they probably weren't going to tip anyways. Also, The stereotypes that hold true with waiters usually go right along with valet.
            I tip waiters generously, and would definitely tip valets generously as well if I used them. Being a cheap ass in my case does not extend into shorting anyone on a deserved tip. I just don't like valets.

Comment

Don't you drive a Jetta or Passat? no one will be messing with your car.....

Comment

Originally posted by Randy View Post
                Don't you drive a Jetta or Passat? no one will be messing with your car.....
                Passat and you already know how protective I am over that damn car. My fear is a punk kid hearing the BOV and taking it from there. It handles like crap and I'm not dealing with the sway bars until I'm back in town.

Comment

I live in the sticks, valet isn't really an issue. I did however take my regal over for a wheel test fit at discount once. I assumed they would just ask me to pull the car into the bay, as I would my customers (working in a small town and small shop it's pretty common for us). The guy took the keys and headed out to get the car. I decided after a couple minutes of him sitting in it and seeing the brake lights go on and off repeatedly to go over and explain how the shifter worked. I at least feel comfortable that most of the general public won't quickly drive off in it, gives me a couple minutes to shoot a bitch if they try to steal it while I'm in earshot of it.

As far as using valet, I'm not sure how i'd feel. I try to respect others property and drive multiple random cars daily. I've driven some real piles of shit and some nicer higher end and decent horsepower rides. I've been guilty of playing the throttle, but I still respect them non the less. It's my ass on the line if it gets f-ed up. I just wish all the rest of the world respected everyones stuff.

Comment

I immediately spotted the flaw....

Comment

Valet at Al Biernat's completely trashed both passenger side wheels of my speed 3. Didnt check because i only saw drivers side when the car was pulled up. Found out next morning.

When i informed them about it, the valet manager told me they would cover it out of pocket. When i gave them the estimate, he balked and got very upset. I then had to file a claim and get my money through their insurance company. I definitely let Brad, Al Biernat's floor manager, know what i thought about their whole process.

Comment

I don't valet because I keep a firearm in the car with my checkbook and other valuables.
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                          I don't valet because I keep a firearm in the car with my checkbook and other valuables.
                          You used to just lock the Sync system, get your pistol and electronics out, make sure you didn't have any cash or change anywhere in the car, and make sure that there was nothing valuable to steal that wasn't locked down. Then, of course, you'd have to reset the trip odometer to make sure it went only as far as it had to.
                          Originally posted by davbrucas
                          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

If I'm at a hotel, I do that. But if I hit a place where I can't carry, I have to leave it in the car. It's a hassle and I'm happy with not having to reset my mirrors, radio and seat
                            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I'm guessing you could pay extra and tell them to leave it parked in front. If they accept you probably can park it yourself and just hand them your keys.
                              sigpic

www.metroplexkustoms.com

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                                You used to just lock the Sync system, get your pistol and electronics out, make sure you didn't have any cash or change anywhere in the car, and make sure that there was nothing valuable to steal that wasn't locked down. Then, of course, you'd have to reset the trip odometer to make sure it went only as far as it had to.
                                So they could just reset the trip when they get back?

Comment

Working...
                                X