Valet Question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valet Question.

*IF* you have the option to set speed limit and/or boost controls on your car would you do it for having your car valeted?

I hate valets and don't generally allow anyone to drive my car, but I'm told due to the location Omni/Bob's that it'd be best to just suck it up and shut up. Is the location really that much of a pain for those that have been? Brent?

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post
    *IF* you have the option to set speed limit and/or boost controls on your car would you do it for having your car valeted?

I hate valets and don't generally allow anyone to drive my car, but I'm told due to the location Omni/Bob's that it'd be best to just suck it up and shut up. Is the location really that much of a pain for those that have been? Brent?
    I say no, but then again I actually respect people's shit. If you are that worried, Throw Valet a $20 and see if they won't keep it up front for you. Money talks in the valet game. PS, been valeting 7 years now and never had an issue. I can't speak for some of those I have worked with over the years, but those guys never seem to last anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by downshift_me View Post

The one in Fort Worth? No, there's a parking garage one block down (right next to the hotel). Creepy elevator music/sounds though.

Comment

When I had a tune with the switch for multiple tunes and the switch in the dash, I had a valet mode with a rev limit. My concern wasn't someone dogging on the car. It was some teenage kid being unfamiliar with a 600 HP car, a stiff clutch, and hitting the friction point at high RPM's to keep from stalling and the car getting away from him. I think I had the RPM's topped at like 2700. I would hear them crank it in the parking deck, and then it would sound awful as they pulled it around. At least I knew the car (and everyone around) was safe.

Comment

Park between St. Patrick's and the FTW City Hall and walk one block. Lot of cops in that area so you know you're car is safe.

Comment

ted stole my change from the ashtray.

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by SVT Lurch View Post
              The one in Fort Worth? No, there's a parking garage one block down (right next to the hotel). Creepy elevator music/sounds though.
              I'll take the creepy music over trusting someone with my car, haha. Thanks!

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
              When I had a tune with the switch for multiple tunes and the switch in the dash, I had a valet mode with a rev limit. My concern wasn't someone dogging on the car. It was some teenage kid being unfamiliar with a 600 HP car, a stiff clutch, and hitting the friction point at high RPM's to keep from stalling and the car getting away from him. I think I had the RPM's topped at like 2700. I would hear them crank it in the parking deck, and then it would sound awful as they pulled it around. At least I knew the car (and everyone around) was safe.
              I think if I just turn off the boost they'll never think anything of it.

Originally posted by The King View Post
              Park between St. Patrick's and the FTW City Hall and walk one block. Lot of cops in that area so you know you're car is safe.
              Jimmy (Treadhead) will be down there jumping on the hood of my car or writing dirty words on my windows if I do that. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                ted stole my change from the ashtray.

god bless.
                the quarters smelled like Black & Milds.

Comment

Yes I would do it. Get a valet tune so the engine can't be revved passed 2,500RPM.
                  '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                  '13 Dodge Cummins
                  '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I personally don't care when someone doesn't want to valet their car. In the end, it's usually because they are a cheap ass. I do think it's funny though when people trust Valet in their Lambos and Ferrarris and then some bozo in Hyundai pulls up acting like a complete asshole and talking down about valet. I don't want to get my stuff fucked with anymore than the next guy, but my car usually isn't any less safe being left with valet, then in some lot where it could get broken into.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                      I personally don't are when someone doesn't want to valet their car. In the end, it's usually because they are a cheap ass. I do think it's funny though when people trust Valet in their Lambos and Ferrarris and then some bozo in Hyundai pulls up acting like a complete asshole and talking down about valet. I don't want to get my stuff fucked with anymore than the next guy, but my car usually isn't any less safe being left with valet, then in some lot where it could get broken into.
                      FYI: downshift drives a porsche 959

god bless.
                      It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                        FYI: downshift drives a porsche 959

god bless.
                        Yeah right!! I'm not snobby or looking down my nose to anyone, but I was friends with the bartenders/valets at Bass Hall and after all of the stories I do not want any shenanigans that I do not cause happening in my car.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted View Post
                          I personally don't care when someone doesn't want to valet their car. In the end, it's usually because they are a cheap ass. I do think it's funny though when people trust Valet in their Lambos and Ferrarris and then some bozo in Hyundai pulls up acting like a complete asshole and talking down about valet. I don't want to get my stuff fucked with anymore than the next guy, but my car usually isn't any less safe being left with valet, then in some lot where it could get broken into.
                          I'm both a cheap ass and don't like valets.

Comment

I thought my stereo sounded off after retrieving my car in New Orleans from the hotel valet. A couple of days later I figured out that motherfucker had screwed with my audio settings and turned the bass all the way up.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                              I'm both a cheap ass and don't like valets.
                              And trust me when I say, thank you for wanting to park yourself since you are a cheap ass. Some people I work with get really pissed off when someone wants to self park. I don't get it. If it's that big of an issue, they probably weren't going to tip anyways. Also, The stereotypes that hold true with waiters usually go right along with valet.

Comment

Working...
                              X