What's your limit on buying a truck and mileage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your limit on buying a truck and mileage

I'm starting to shop for a truck, and the mileage on most of these trucks seems too high. If you were going to spend 10-15k on a truck what is your limit on mileage? Here are a few I am looking at.

08 SLT 107k - $16k
    07 SLE 90k - $16k
    04 LT 97k modded - $10.5k
    04 LT z71 148k - $8500
    07 LTZ z71 165k - $11.5k
    05 LS z71 102k - $12.9k
    05 lifted z71 110k - $16.3k

I bought my 06 crew cab silverado with 6k miles for $18k back in 06

Comment

I bought my ltz with 100k at around 16. Almost 120 k on it now with no problems. I wouldn't worry too much about miles on these trucks

Comment

I paid $13.5k for my 08 Sierra CC SLE last year with 135k miles. Mileage was a little higher than I wanted but it was a one owner with all service records and in great condition.

Comment

are you financing? Lots of places wont lend over 100k miles.

Comment

In that budget I'm looking at f250s and anything under 200k. Diesels obviously
            07 f250-family truckster
            08 Denali -baby hauler
            52 f1-rust bucket
            05 Jeep tj. Buggy
            livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I bought my '99 with 196k on it for $5k (gas). My limit is pretty much under 250k if in good condition. My main concern is not financing another vehicle. Fuck car payments.
              I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

If youre spending $15k on a truck I would look into a brand new one. Ford usually has the extended cab short bed stx trucks on special for $18,900 every few months.

Comment

2wd or 4wd.

I just got a 08 silverado 4x4 lt extended cab for 18k with 70, 000 miles

Comment

bout tree fiddy
                    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I have no problem buying a truck at 90K. At least by that time you can get the tranny serviced. Any more than that and I'm asking for service records if I'm buying from an individual.

Comment

Depends on the condition. Bought my 95 F150 with 230K on it, but it was a one owner, garage kept truck.

Comment

I bought my 98 GMC K1500 Z71 ext. cab with 94k on the clock as the original owner was trading it in back in 2003. He ordered it with 3.42 highway gears and appraised real estate in west texas so it was all highway miles and he had EVERY receipt from day one. It now has 229k miles on it and the only problems I've had with it are one A/C rebuild in 2006, 1 fuel pump, 1 alternator, and I rebuilt the cooling system with new water pump, radiator, and thermostat, and in March my intake manifold gasket started leaking coolant to the outside so I replaced the intake manifold gasket. Dollar for dollar compared to other cars I've owned...this has been by far the best 4 wheeled vehicle I've ever owned and I have no plans to get rid of it.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                            I bought my 98 GMC K1500 Z71 ext. cab with 94k on the clock as the original owner was trading it in back in 2003. He ordered it with 3.42 highway gears and appraised real estate in west texas so it was all highway miles and he had EVERY receipt from day one. It now has 229k miles on it and the only problems I've had with it are one A/C rebuild in 2006, 1 fuel pump, 1 alternator, and I rebuilt the cooling system with new water pump, radiator, and thermostat, and in March my intake manifold gasket started leaking coolant to the outside so I replaced the intake manifold gasket. Dollar for dollar compared to other cars I've owned...this has been by far the best 4 wheeled vehicle I've ever owned and I have no plans to get rid of it.
                            Thats like my dads old dodge ram. 98, bought with 120K on it, now has 270K and is my tow truck. Put one transmission in it due to him using mercon fluid.

Comment

It's not a truck my I bought my 02 Nissan atltima for 3 thousand and it had 203k miles on it, I've put 30k on it and just last week the MAF sensor and Alternator went out. I don't think mileage really matters, it's how the previous owner took care of it.
                              Street car.

Comment

Working...
                              X