No announcement yet.

Thought I'd share a bit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At 75 they need to let the man be with his decision. I sure as hell wouldn't go through chemo at that age to try and squeeze 1 extra shitty year of life out either. I hope that doesn't come across as insensitive, because I feel bad for the rest of you, but it is his decision and he has lived a long life. Everyone should spend as much time as possible with him right now and maybe do a few bucket list type deals.

Comment

/\this. I have watched that poison kill my grandfather and turn my dad from a healthy middle aged man to a sick and tired old man.

Comment

I understand his decision, but that doesn't make it any easier for the family.

Prayers for you and yours, brother.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
          At 75 they need to let the man be with his decision. I sure as hell wouldn't go through chemo at that age to try and squeeze 1 extra shitty year of life out either. I hope that doesn't come across as insensitive, because I feel bad for the rest of you, but it is his decision and he has lived a long life. Everyone should spend as much time as possible with him right now and maybe do a few bucket list type deals.
          Not insensitive at all. Logically, I agree. It's just hard to hear, especially since I hold the man as pretty much Superman. He's one of those old men that when he gets something in his head, he's going to do it. My aunt was into drugs and prostitution in her 20's. He found out and went 'undercover' to find out who the guy was. I remember mom worrying quite a bit at night because he was out hunting these guys down in south Dallas. He eventually found the guy who had been whoring her out and beat him within an inch of his life and told the man if he breathed my aunt's name again that would be his dying breath.

Someone stole my mom's 78 F250 because my idiot father (the man is my grandfather but he raised me so, yeah) left the keys in it when he borrowed it. The old man traced it all over Dallas and down to Houston before he found it in Tennessee. The cops wouldn't help him because it wasn't a priority but he found the truck, confronted the people who had it and they offered to buy it right then on the spot. He told me he took the offer because if they were that anxious to pay him to go away, odds are there was something in the truck he wouldn't like. He's like an old hound that always finds what he is looking for.
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Working...
          X