wierd chest "pain"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wierd chest "pain"

I started to have these weird chest feelings Saturday night while doing some late night server maintenance. I finished up at 4am, drove home and had this really weird chest "pain" when laying down. It didn't matter what position I was laying, it felt like chest pressure right at the center of the chest. If I'm up, I can still feel a little bit of it when taking a very deep breath or when I swallow food/drinks.

I quoted pain because it doesn't really feel like pain and it doesn't hurt. Feels more like when you bruise yourself. I chalked it up to just being stressed the night before and also not getting much sleep so I go to bed last night and this morning....same thing.

No other heart attack symptoms really so I'm not thinking it's serious. No arm tingling, shortness of breath, sweating, etc. I'm going to try and get to my PCP this morning and get checked out, just wanted to see if anyone has had this kind of symptom.

Also asking for some thoughts and prayers that it's nothing major. I'd like to think I'm way to young to have cardiac issues but I realize it can happen to anyone.

Wow, sorry to hear. Thoughts are with you that it's nothing serious!
    "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

George, I had a heart attack at 19 years old. It can and does happen to anyone. Go to the hospital immediately, tell them you are having chest pain, and they will immediately get you into triage for an EKG and a pulse ox.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        George, I had a heart attack at 19 years old. It can and does happen to anyone. Go to the hospital immediately, tell them you are having chest pain, and they will immediately get you into triage for an EKG and a pulse ox.
        This x infinity. Dont fuck around with any kind of chest pain. Let the er dr tell you its indigestion or a muscle spasm/issue and nothing to worry about, dont chance it.

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
        "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Yep get to the ER ASAP, I had chest pains few years back and hurt luckily it is only pleurisy and they rushed me right back and got me on an EKG. Chest pains are nothing to play around with.

Comment

Sounds like GERD. But you need an EKG and stress test. How old are you?

Comment

One of my co-workers had a mid-level heart attack at the office and he was only 24. Better safe than sorry, go to the ER.
              Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

What's a "mid-level heart attack?" Never heard of that type.

Comment

39...I'm headed to the ER now so I'll be offline for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                    I have no idea how to quantify it, Dave. It wasn't severe, but it wasn't mild. Moderate? Medium? Medium rare? Mid-grade?
                    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                    dont downshift!!
                    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Prayers sent. You're taking the correct course of action by going to the ER so I believe you'll be just fine.

Comment

KLet us know as soon as you can. Praying for ya brother. Also What are you asking for the lightning?

Comment

I had viral myocarditis a few years ago at age 39.....it can kill you. Dont fuck around with chest pain.

Comment

Hope you're okay buddy. I have cracked a rib a couple times from sneezing real hard, but that's more of a sharp pain than a dull ache like you described.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
                              I had the characteristic enzymes in my blood but no permanent cardiac scarring as a cardiac cath and several stress tests have revealed. They called me "unlucky".
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Working...
                              X