No announcement yet.

Morning Jury Duty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since my work pays me for it I won`t mind it so much. I think I have a disqualification reason anyways.

Comment

Try to be courteous. If, for example, you were involved in a legitimate self-defense shooting I doubt you'd want jurors who couldn't think of a better excuse serving at your trial which could net you 20+ years behind bars. Hell look at what Zimmerman is going through.

Comment

I always get released from jury duty. I look Messican, am 1/2 Japanese, and have a college education so neither team ever wants me lol.
        Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
        Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

I went in today. They called names for 5 cases, and mine wasn't one of them. Hooray.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck_Finley View Post
            Try to be courteous. If, for example, you were involved in a legitimate self-defense shooting I doubt you'd want jurors who couldn't think of a better excuse serving at your trial which could net you 20+ years behind bars. Hell look at what Zimmerman is going through.
            I would actually try to get on this, just to acquit the shooter (assuming it was a clean shoot)

I was called to be a juror on a federal case, something about money for a car accident...I didn't really pay attention once I knew it was a stupid time wasting case.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
              I was called to be a juror on a federal case, something about money for a car accident...I didn't really pay attention once I knew it was a stupid time wasting case.
              Hopefully you heard more details than this.
              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

< never called up for one

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                  I went in today. They called names for 5 cases, and mine wasn't one of them. Hooray.
                  Collin county? I didn't get picked either.
                  Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Have to go on the 15 of July. Missed the first one cause I forgot and I work out of town.

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                      Collin county? I didn't get picked either.
                      Denton
                      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Tell them, "Of course they're guilty and I hope they burn in hell!"

I finally got called for the first time last year. It was for two cases and I got skipped over for both. I wanted to serve and was disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          Tell them, "Of course they're guilty and I hope they burn in hell!"

I finally got called for the first time last year. It was for two cases and I got skipped over for both. I wanted to serve and was disappointed.
                          Why would you want to serve? It's a waste of time and money.
                          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                            Why would you want to serve? It's a waste of time and money.
                            I get it, I really do - and maybe "wanting" to serve would not accurately describe me. However, I'm not actively going to try and get out of it either.

I just generally don't see what the big deal is either. Of course, I've never been chosen either.
                            Originally posted by MR EDD
                            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Aren't some of you who are bitching about jury duty the same ones who are flipping the fuck out over what the govt is doing to chip away at our rights (2nd amendment, etc)?

Jury duty is part of the 5th amendment - due process of the law. Why are you ok with not being part of others' due process in your community? Is this amendment not as important or is it (& any other amendments for that matter) only important when it applies to you personally?

Don't give me any bullshit about it being about money either. If that's your argument, then we should apply our own personal money situation to all amendments. Our own personal issues & prejudices aren't supposed to matter in regard to any of the amendments, but the most important are supposed to be the Bill of Rights since without them we wouldn't have had the Constitution voted in.

Just curious.
                              sigpic

Comment

Well said Kim. Of course it doesn't bother me since I get paid for Jury days anyway.. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X