Deviated Septum/Broken Nose

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deviated Septum/Broken Nose

Anyone had the surgery/broken nose before? I guess I shouldn't have talked back to the guy (actually was a jiu jitsu injury from a cross face).

Surgery set for Thursday, looking at 3 weeks away from training. -___-

Comment

I bet that felt good!

Comment

Actually wasn't bad. Fought thru the choke and didn't know it was broken until the next day due to the swelling. Never bled, wasn't swollen outside. Just blocked the nasal passage.

Comment

<-- had a septoplasty and endoscopic sinus surgery last month.

No big deal.

Recovery is not painful. It's annoying for sure, but not painful... but then again my nose wasn't broken at the time (it had been F'ed up since a bike crash a decade ago)

Comment

Ive got one, Im sure Ill have to have surgury to correct it at some point.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Way to power out of it!
              WRX

Comment

I had mine worked on. Deviated septum and all of that goodness. I was flat on my back for 2 days afterwards but was back to full speed soon after. Standing up was excruciating for those 2 days and if air blows on your nose, you're going to cry.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Get Cobrajet69 to chime in here. He just had the same thing done a couple weeks ago.

Comment

I've got one as well, been to the doctor several times and surgery has been recommended several times, but insurance wouldn't cover it as they feel it's "cosmetic".
                    Originally posted by Jester
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                    Originally posted by Denny
                    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

I've known two people that have had their's repaired. One due to injury, one due to birth defect. You will feel like you have a sinus infection for a while and cough up some nasty crap that will run out of your sinus.

Comment

Originally posted by Shorty View Post
                        I've known two people that have had their's repaired. One due to injury, one due to birth defect. You will feel like you have a sinus infection for a while and cough up some nasty crap that will run out of your sinus.
                        And then comes the chunks of blood and mucus when you sneeze. Once it's all cleaned up though, you'll feel better
                        I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Only bone I've ever broken was my nose, in 5th grade. Should have been paying attention to my surroundings. Hurt like a bastard and that was more blood than I have ever seen unintentionally come out of my body. No ill effects from it, thankfully.

Comment

First "bone" I've broken in my life as well. Only "injuries" I've had have been rib cartilage and now the nose cartilage.

Trying to sleep with one lung has sucked all fucking week.

Comment

I broke my nose at the beginning of a rugby 7's season and played the rest of the tournaments that summer as it healed. Pretty much any contact with it would feel like I got punched in the nose and make my eyes water.

Comment

Working...
                              X