Any running mustangs for 1K or less?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any running mustangs for 1K or less?

A buddy of mine just sold his civic to pay some bills and has about a grand left for a reliable running car. I bought my 4cyl/5spd 88 hatch for $500 but I can't find any other deals like that around Dalllas or Lubbock. He's looking for any 87-04 car with a manual trans and any engine. Does anybody know of any cars for sale for a grand?

Is this for a top gear $1k challenge? I know it's you Clarkson, you wanka

I sold my 1996 Cavalier with 260k for $1k...not much out there for around that.

Comment

Finders reward = $20 Texas Roadhouse Gift Card?

Comment

Finding ANY reliable car for that price is going to be tough, much less a mustang.

Here is a salvage title 97 that he claims runs decent for $1000.

Comment

Hahah found a clean 5spd 4cyl running ranger for 600 about 20mins outside of lubbock. emailed ol dude but haven't heard back.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
            Finding ANY reliable car for that price is going to be tough, much less a mustang.

Here is a salvage title 97 that he claims runs decent for $1000.
            http://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/cto/3858549045.html
            yeah, I've seen that car for the past week. Don't think that car can survive long trips and my buddy pretty much needs a manual trans.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0Thunder View Post
              A buddy of mine just sold his civic to pay some bills and has about a grand left for a reliable running car. I bought my 4cyl/5spd 88 hatch for $500 but I can't find any other deals like that around Dalllas or Lubbock. He's looking for any 87-04 car with a manual trans and any engine. Does anybody know of any cars for sale for a grand?
              Pm sent

Comment

I know a Guy in TN that was selling a clean 4 banger 91 I think, he wants $600, I'll see if he still has it.
                Street car.

Comment

Originally posted by Super Cubano View Post
                  Pm sent
                  Replied

Originally posted by DriveWayBuilt View Post
                  I know a Guy in TN that was selling a clean 4 banger 91 I think, he wants $600, I'll see if he still has it.
                  That would be perfect. Thanks for helpin man!

Comment

Have you tried whiteboy?

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0Thunder View Post
                      yeah, I've seen that car for the past week. Don't think that car can survive long trips and my buddy pretty much needs a manual trans.
                      It's ugly, but unless it has a HG issue, it will be fine. Again, $1000 isn't going to get much of a car, $2000 opens up the door to much nicer vehicles. I wish him luck in finding something decent.

Comment

He dead set on a mustang?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Not a mustang but just as fun

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                            That is one beat to hell Miata

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                              Have you tried whiteboy?
                              Not yet, I'll shoot him a PM.

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              It's ugly, but unless it has a HG issue, it will be fine. Again, $1000 isn't going to get much of a car, $2000 opens up the door to much nicer vehicles. I wish him luck in finding something decent.
                              Yeah, the budget is definitely weak, but good deals pop up sometimes I guess. My 88 hatch drove from Lubbock to Mesquite with the car packed to the roof with stuff from moving, including a lawn mower, weed eater, tons of electronics, clothes, etc. lol best $500 car ever.

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                              He dead set on a mustang?
                              He would really like a stang but he isn't exactly dead set on one.

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                              Saw that car too. I don't think he will be able to fit in it. hah

Comment

Working...
                              X