New Tint Laws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Tint Laws

Heads up to my fellows Dfwstangers! Just found out the hard way on the new tint law is 25% anything under and you wont pass Inspection.

So if your take your car in to get inspected. Make sure the inspection place will over look your tint being darker then 25%. Because if not you will have to take your tint off right there to get your vehicle to pass or go have your windows retinted to the legal
    Last edited by SEB; 01-15-2011, 01:25 PM.
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Its a city law, Texas is 20%. I always thought it was this way.
    Doing enough racing for 99% of the board!

Comment

I was pretty sure it's been like that for a while 35 on sides and 25 in the back?

I'm no expert and just thought that's what it was.
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Well I was told the state law is 25%
        GOD BLESS TEXAS
        August Landscaping
        214-779-7278
        Seb's high class.
        He'll mow your grass.
        He'll kick your ass.
        He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Who leaves their windows rolled up for inspection?
          www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by SEB View Post
            Well I was told the state law is 25%
            Ah. Per TxDPS.

"Side Windows to The Right and Left of The Driver
            Sunscreening devices can be applied to the side windows to the right and left of the driver if the following conditions are met.

Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
            Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less.
            Side Windows to The Rear of The Driver
            (Revised September 1, 2009)
            These windows are completely exempted from regulation under the Texas Transportation Code. Reference Legislation: Senate Bill 589 (PDF)

Rear Window
            A sunscreening device can be applied to the rear window of the vehicle if the following conditions are met.

If a motor vehicle is equipped with an outside mirror on each side of the vehicle that reflects to the vehicle operator a view of the roadway for a distance of at least 200 feet from the rear of the vehicle then there are no restrictions regarding the sunscreening devices applied to the rear window.

If a motor vehicle is not equipped with such mirrors then the rear window must meet the following standards:
            Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a light transmittance value of 25% or more.
            Sunscreening devices, when measured in combination with the original glass, must have a luminous reflectance value of 25% or less."
            2014 GT
            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
              Who leaves their windows rolled up for inspection?
              When it's 35 degrees out I'm sure they think it a little suspicious to come in with your windows down.
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Slow Five-O View Post
                When it's 35 degrees out I'm sure they think it a little suspicious to come in with your windows down.
                Wait until the next weekend... when you mod your car you must be smart when it comes to inspection.

Oh ya... and never go to chain type inspection places like Quick Lubes unless you know someone who works there. Go to the mom and pop shops.
                www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

I've got 10% all the way around on my vette, which wasn't legal before the new law and I've been able to get it inspected for the last 3 years. I don't have a "hook up" on inspections either, just take it to the nearest oil change place. So far I've only had one warning from the DPS, his meter read 8%.

Comment

What kind of moron takes a modded car into an inspection place without knowing someone there?

Comment

First of all, DUH on the 25%.
                      Second, Most shops will use 35% film because your window glass is not clear. It has a tint from the factory that when added to the film, results in a lower visible light transmission number. If you use 35%, when metered, it will probably show around 25-27%.

Comment

Mine passed fine at 3%...

Comment

Will you fail if the windows dont roll down?

Comment

Does anyone know a shop in Kaufman or Seagoville or Terrell that would overlook my ex's car having the windows 7% past the legal limit!
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.
                            He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                              What kind of moron takes a modded car into an inspection place without knowing someone there?
                              Get the whole story first you fucking Idiot before assuming I took my car
                              GOD BLESS TEXAS
                              August Landscaping
                              214-779-7278
                              Seb's high class.
                              He'll mow your grass.
                              He'll kick your ass.
                              He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Working...
                              X