Fair or not?? Transgender fighter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fair or not?? Transgender fighter

I just don't get this and how they would allow it to go on.

Transgender fighter improves to 3-0 as a professional

Transgender fighter Fallon Fox, a controversial figure in MMA circles since she admitted in March that she was born a man, improved to 3-0 as a professional Friday night but wasn't as impressive as she had been in defeating her first two foes.

The 37-year-old Fox, who underwent gender reassignment surgery in 2006, finished off a more-competitive-than-expected bout by submitting Allanna Jones at 3:36 of the third round with a shin choke at CFA 11 in Coral Gables, Fla., to advance to the Championship Fighting Alliance women's featherweight tournament final.

In contrast, Fox had won her first two MMA bouts in a total of 2 minutes and 29 seconds.

Fox's name leapt into the news on April 8, when the UFC suspended Matt Mitrione indefinitely hours after the heavyweight fighter and former NFL defensive lineman called Fox "a lying, sick, sociopathic, disgusting freak" in an interview . That suspension lasted approximately two weeks.

Soon after Mitrione's suspension, reigning UFC women's champion Ronda Rousey said she would reluctantly accept a bout against Fox if such a bout was offered, although she told The New York Post : "She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has. It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair."

On Friday in Coral Gables, Jones got in a not-so-subtle shot at Fox before the fight, according to a Sports Illustrated report, choosing Aerosmith's "Dude Looks Like A Lady" as her entrance music.

Fox, who made her MMA debut last May, will face Ashlee Evans-Smith in the final.

"I noticed [Jones] just tried to get away from me a lot. It was hard to catch up to her, but I did in the end, so that was pretty awesome," Fox said, according to a Sherdog report . "It's going to be an awesome match. Ashlee Smith is actually a little bit bigger than me. It's going to be a hard challenge, but we're going to rock and win this $20,000."

Watch the fight video here

Common sense is out the window these days...
    Originally posted by MR EDD
    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Born a man compete as a man.

Comment

Now they have to check for nut tucking in womens fighting.

Comment

Dana White would let his own mother fight a Kodiak, if there was a big enough demand for it.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Andy Kaufman would have fought her.

Comment

she should have to fight both ways, up a class with women, and down a class with men
              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

yeah i'll call BS on it too.

I did lol at her being called Fallen "Queen of swords" Fox.

Oh and 5:22 on the vid.

WRX

Comment

Back in the mid '70's, there was a tennis player (Renee Richards) that pulled the same shit...a man wanting to play on the womens' tennis tour. The supreme court was involved and everything. He/she was still never ranked higher than about 20th, which means plenty of women still whipped his ass.

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                    she should have to fight both ways, up a class with women, and down a class with men
                    That would be funny.
                    Street car.

Comment

It's a BS way to make a lot of cash because your bone and muscle structure is still that of a man. Toss it in the ring with a man AND woman and say "Hey, since you wanted to be both, you get to fight both."

Let's get it on!
                      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        It's a BS way to make a lot of cash because your bone and muscle structure is still that of a man. Toss it in the ring with a man AND woman and say "Hey, since you wanted to be both, you get to fight both."

Let's get it on!
                        I have to agree with this. Wonder if he screams like Michael Jackson every time he gets hit.

Comment

I've got no problem with people swapping sexes, but this is obviously bullshit. It's more than a cock that makes someone a man.

Comment

Ronda Rousey will punish it.
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

not fair...def has a advantage
                              satisfaction is the death of desire...

its still "We the people"...right?

Comment

Working...
                              X