Guitar guys, come in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this even a real question???

That guitar is something that should be left alone IMHO. That is a direct link to your grandfather. How many hours did he sit and practice and the smiles when he learned that "one" song he tried so hard to learn. My father played guitar when I was a child and I have been playing for about 20 years or so and would kill to have a guitar that he played on. You can get other guitars to play whatever kind of music you want but you can't replace that "one".

Comment

I know a player who dreams of owning one like that, and there are plenty of guitarists who feel the same. See what you could trade for it instead of selling, you may find someone who has the same issue with exactly the strat you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
        I think I'm going to do an active emg.

totally kidding. I'll look at those.
        the zakk wylde set? I really like them, they have enough range to do whatever you want.

Comment

I think I'm going to do an active emg.

totally kidding. I'll look at those.
          I have not used anything but EMG's since scraping up enough money to buy my first one in 1988. You just can't go wrong with them.

I would keep the guitar since it is what it is.
          I have a old Browning A5 that my grandfather left me and even though it kicks like a freaking mule and I don't hardly ever use it there is no way I could sell it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
            the zakk wylde set? I really like them, they have enough range to do whatever you want.
            I don't plan on shredding with it. I was kidding. I do have the classic 81/85 in my schecter and they fuckin scream. I wonder if emg makes a pickup in the same style as the jazz master pickup.
            2012 GT500

Comment

Don't sell it. Money will come and go.
              WRX

Comment

I don't plan on shredding with it. I was kidding. I do have the classic 81/85 in my schecter and they fuckin scream. I wonder if emg makes a pickup in the same style as the jazz master pickup.
                I think the 60 is a jazz style pickup

Comment

If you sell it, in 10 years it will be your biggest regret. As long as you don't become a pedophile in the next 10 years. ..

Comment

I had a Jazzmaster just like that, I traded it for a Charvel Jackson and I regret it. They are great guitars and I really like the sound they give. I would keep it, especially if it has sentimental value.

Comment

the older you get the less sentimental you become. 81/85s for all the negatives claimed, are still kind of like a standard active setup that just doesn't go away. I'm thinking of putting the camo versions in my gretsch, but just for the looks mostly. And to troll players that come by.

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                        I had a Jazzmaster just like that, I traded it for a Charvel Jackson and I regret it.
                        Well fuck yeah captain obvious, LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Bassics View Post
                          Well fuck yeah captain obvious, LOL
                          Yeah I know, I didn't know the value of what I had (dumb teenager). This was about 18 years ago before I knew about the internets.

Comment

Keep it man. It's irreplaceable.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Buick355 View Post
                              Yeah I know, I didn't know the value of what I had (dumb teenager). This was about 18 years ago before I knew about the internets.
                              definitely not the stupidist thing you could have done, and no one was hurt in the filming I assume.

I sold a 65 2door LTD for $50 back in the early 90s. And it was definitely not a junker. The worst part was i had the opportunity to buy it back for $200 a year later and passed because i had a chrysler laser that actually had working FM radio...

Comment

Get rid of a mint Jazzmaster for a flashy Strat?

Friggin' Christ, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X