Guitar guys, come in.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar guys, come in.

I've been thinking about the 1964 fender jazzmaster I own. It was my grandpa's and I grew up with it. My grandpa taught me how to play guitar and was really close to me. He passed very unexpectedly a few years ago and I got the guitar. As previously mentioned, it is a 1964 fender jazz master in sunburst. It is in great shape and has aged well, but it was definitely a players guitar. Everything is original except for the knobs. He had it appraised in 2001 for $3k, and I'm sure the value has only gone up. I've got pictures of him playing the guitar in the 70's in his band as well.

Here is the problem. I never play it. It has sentimental value, but it just doesn't work for hardly anything I would play with it (srv, Hendrix, etc). Ive had it almost five years and it just sits in the case under my bed. He always said if he sold the guitar that he would buy a strat, so lately I've been thinking about selling it. I'm really torn, but for $4k I could have an awesome custom shop strat completely decked out with his initials on the fretboard, etc, basically a tribute to him and that would be something I could and would play all the time. Or even just a nice American strat that crash could do some work on, and a sweet fender tube combo.

Just thinking out loud here. Any input welcome.

2012 GT500

Sell it and buy watches!!

Comment

Sell it, buy blow you fucking pussy and break up with your fucking GF ALREADY.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
        Sell it and buy watches!!
        Hamilton does make a nice line of "jazzmaster" watches. Lol
        2012 GT500

Comment

I would keep it.

Why can't you play any Hendrix or SRV on it? Does it not have strings and pickups? Sure, it won't sound exactly the same, but unless you're making money at it or in a band that HAS to have that sound it's a moot point.

Comment

I would sell it for either a crappy C4 or some cocaiña.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by racrguy View Post
              I would keep it.

Why can't you play any Hendrix or SRV on it? Does it not have strings and pickups? Sure, it won't sound exactly the same, but unless you're making money at it or in a band that HAS to have that sound it's a moot point.
              It just doesn't have the right sound/feel. Hard to put into words.
              2012 GT500

Comment

Honestly, I would make it a wall hanger if it has sentimental value.

Comment

Do not ever sell that guitar. Ever you hear me.

The soap bars are prob shot. I'd put a set of new pickups in it and the sound change will be amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                    Jason speaks the truth!!!

ONLY 1% OF THE FUCKING TIME!!! LOOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

jk man

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post

The soap bars are prob shot. I'd put a set of new pickups in it and the sound change will be amazing.
                      THIS right here. If you can even contemplate selling it, it has no sentimental value at all! I wish I had something passed down from either of my grandparents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                        THIS right here. If you can even contemplate selling it, it has no sentimental value at all! I wish I had something passed down from either of my grandparents

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
                        If it didn't have sentimental value it would have been gone a while ago.

This is why I posted this thread. So you guys could set me straight lol
                        2012 GT500

Comment

I guess I'll start looking into some pickup/electronics work.
                          2012 GT500

Comment

At Lollar Pickups, we're obsessed with tone. Quality handmade pickups since 1995.

Comment

I think I'm going to do an active emg.

totally kidding. I'll look at those.
                              2012 GT500

Comment

Working...
                              X