Best international airfare prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best international airfare prices?

Specifically to Berlin, Germany in December. Any hookups, etc? 1 adult, 2 kids.

Thanks!

Have you tried Orbit or Priceline?

Comment

I've tried most of them and they're all relatively close so far. I wanted to check and see if anyone here was in the business or knew someone, tricks, etc. for cheaper airfare. All of my international airfare in the past has been provided by my employer, so I don't have a lot of experience buying to know the best rates..

Comment

When a friend was going back and forth to Germany a lot a couple of years ago she swore by kayak.com. I've never been so I have no personal experience.

Comment

Keep a window open with your lowest fare. Open a new tab/window and repeat the search on different days and times to get better pricing. Even though the window is "an old price," it should let you continue to checkout if it is still your lowest price. I'm going to Cozumel in 2 months and I was able to find tickets for ~$200 less per ticket shopping late one night. That's a huge savings for that flight ($300 vs $500).

I believe that was through Kayak or OneTravel.

You can also check the airport's website to see what carriers are flying in your date range. For example, we'll say United is flying to your destination. Check out United's website to see what they are selling the tickets for. Then check the sites that compare prices. Then you can go to Priceline and "name your own price." The only caveat to this route is that if they accept your offer, you've bought the tickets.

Comment

Thanks, hotrod. I actually have not checked kayak yet.

Comment

Working...
            X