6 alarm fire in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 alarm fire in Dallas

Surprised no one posted about this. Dallas lost a fire fighter this morning.

Photos from scene.

DALLAS — Firefighters gathered and saluted in a somber moment as an ambulance left the scene with the body of a Dallas Fire-Rescue firefighter, who disappeared after radioing that he was trapped during a six-alarm blaze at a northeast Dallas condominium building.

About 150 firefighters worked together to clear debris as they searched for the firefighter who called for help at about 5:30 a.m. Monday.

The fire at the complex, located in the 2300 block of Abrams Road just north of LBJ Freeway, burned so intensely that firefighters had to call for six alarms, bringing additional manpower to the scene. A portion of the three-story building collapsed and the blaze destroyed at least 24 condos.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans confirmed that one firefighter went missing around after he was heard on the radio saying, "I'm trapped."
    At about 8:30 a.m., a gurney set up for the missing firefighter was moved and firefighters formed a line around the burnt out building. As of 9:17 a.m., there was still no official word that the firefighter was dead.

Two Dallas firefighters, both with leg injuries, were taken to a hospital and a resident was treated for smoke inhalation.

It appeared that no tenants were missing or injured in the fire that was first reported at 3 a.m. The American Red Cross was at the scene to assist residents with emergency needs.

Firefighters were paying close attention to embers from the blaze that could threaten other nearby homes and apartments.

"They're fighting the wind today, and it's making it worse for them to try and get it out," said a neighborhood woman who identified herself as Selina. "The flames are just incredible, and my heart goes out to everyone involved."
    Streets surrounding the fire scene were closed to traffic to clear the way for emergency vehicles.

According to tax records, the 394,000 square foot condominium building was built in 1980.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Dang. God bless.

Comment

Guy calls in around 6am and they find the body a few hours later. Reminds me of Ladder 49. RIP to the firefighter and his family. Has to be one of the worst ways to die, and knowing you are going to die that way.

Comment

Not the news I prefer to wake to in the morning,god bless our first responders everyday.
        1990 Mustang CHP
        1990 Mustang GT Hatch(sold '02)
        1985 Mustang CHP (sold '02)
        1984 Mustang 20 Anny 2.3L turbo (sold '04)
        1984 Mustang 20 Anny 5.0L (sold '00)
        1980 Mustang coupe 2.3L turbo (sold '94)

Comment

I have a few friends that work in the office building just to the south side of it. Waiting to see if they can get me any pics from up on the roof (they manage the building).

Comment

Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Rest easy. Prayers to his family.
              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Rip
                '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                '13 Dodge Cummins
                '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Heard the initial reports this morning. Prayed the outcome would be different.
                  Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
                    I cried.

Thank you DPD officers for showing great respect for the fallen firefighter.

Comment

Stanley Wilson was married with two teenage sons.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans says the firefighter, who has been identified as 28-year department veteran Stanley Wilson, radioed in shortly before 5:30 a.m. that he was trapped and lost, at which point his radio went dead. It’s believed he became trapped when one of the floors collapsed. Almost three hours later his body was recovered from the wreckage.

The body was draped in an American flag as it was removed from the wreckage. Firefighters lined the path from the wreckage and saluted as Wilson was carried into an ambulance to be taken to the medical examiner’s office.
                      Wilson, 51, is survived by his wife and two sons.

Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings said Wilson was a 1980 graduate from Lake Highlands High School, a few miles away from the condo complex where he died.

“He’s a hero,” Rawlings said, “and as I told his boys, they should be very proud.”

Two other firefighters suffered minor injuries from the blaze and are expected to be OK.
                      Evans says the call first came in at 2:52 a.m. Firefighters arrived to find an elderly woman trapped in a third-story unit. She was rescued and treated at the scene by paramedics.

Evans added that firefighters rescued “at least five residents from the building.”
                      Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                      It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

My cousin Johnny was Stanleys partner and was right next to him when this happened. I just talked to him over the phone about an hour ago and he is all shaken up. He sounded just tired and wanted to take a nap. I really feel bad for my cuz.

Comment

Godspeed brother. Prayers go out to the family's, friends, crews, and departments of not only Firefighter Wilson, but also for Phoenix Firefighter Bradly Harper, who lost his life saturday. RIP
                          "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
                          http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
                          Factory Five MK4 Cobra
                          Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
                          http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
                          www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
                          sigpic

Comment

I know most of you here don't like him but I respect the work he puts into raising money for his charity for this reason.

Comment

Working...
                            X