Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did this happen to me? Getting Divorced.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did this happen to me? Getting Divorced.

I've seen these post on this board so many times and never in a million years thought it would happen to me. 18 years of marriage looks like it's coming to an end. I was told on Thursday night that I will be served and the wife filed last Monday. This was out of the blue for me. I thought everything was good and did not expect this. We have a house in Plano and a 6 year old kid. I have begged and pleaded for her to salvage our marriage and she wants no part of it. This is the end of day 3 for me and I'm still in shock.

So here is why I'm posting this. I have come to grips that I need to start looking for a lawyer. Can anybody recommend a lawyer in the collin county/Plano area? I am a complete wreck right now and cannot make a sound decision to save my soul. I need an outside party that will help me protect myself.

That sucks man

Comment

Sorry to hear that man.
      Hope you get a good lawyer and good luck to you.

Comment

That's awful. I have no idea who to suggest, but Bcoop and MattB seem to know some folks.
        A quick search brought these up, if they help any:
        Any guys out there been through this before that has a good attorney? Maybe one that could do a free or cheap consultation?

So, I split with the wife and as usual she can't stick to a plan. Thus I am in need of a good divorce lawyer. We have a 3 year old son I want at least joint custody of along with all the other usual messy crap. Included in the mess was her commiting credit card fraud to pay for her lawyer. Anyone know a nasty good one?
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Sorry to hear this man.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Get ready for a long dirty battle.
            Originally posted by talisman
            I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
            Originally posted by AdamLX
            If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Because fuck you, that's why
            Originally posted by 80coupe
            nice dick, Idrivea4banger
            Originally posted by Rick Modena
            ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
            Originally posted by Jester
            Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Ouch. Protect your assets any way you can, especially money. Cancel anything that you are paying for her if you don't have joint accounts. Mine was clean cut with no kids or lawyers, so I don't have any advice on that, but spend plenty of time around friends and family. Sorry to hear you're going through this, that's a shitty fucking way for her to start the proceedings.

Comment

Sorry to hear this, hang in there. Like tali said stay close to friends and family they should always be there for you.
                "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                  I've seen these post on this board so many times and never in a million years thought it would happen to me. 18 years of marriage looks like it's coming to an end. I was told on Thursday night that I will be served and the wife filed last Monday. This was out of the blue for me. I thought everything was good and did not expect this. We have a house in Plano and a 6 year old kid. I have begged and pleaded for her to salvage our marriage and she wants no part of it. This is the end of day 3 for me and I'm still in shock.

So here is why I'm posting this. I have come to grips that I need to start looking for a lawyer. Can anybody recommend a lawyer in the collin county/Plano area? I am a complete wreck right now and cannot make a sound decision to save my soul. I need an outside party that will help me protect myself.
                  Why do you need a lawyer? She gets what she is entitled to and there is not much you can do about it. You need to both do up a list of what you want to take with you when the marriage is over, then discuss the things that are in conflict. (Not fight, discuss) You do that , no need for another lawyer. Not every divorce has to be a knock down drag out fight to the end. Make the best of a bad thing. Especially for your kid.

Comment

Im in the same boat.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                      Why do you need a lawyer? She gets what she is entitled to and there is not much you can do about it. You need to both do up a list of what you want to take with you when the marriage is over, then discuss the things that are in conflict. (Not fight, discuss) You do that , no need for another lawyer. Not every divorce has to be a knock down drag out fight to the end. Make the best of a bad thing. Especially for your kid.
                      I have to argue against this. This was my exact approach. Everything was agreed on prior to standing in front of the judge. Then is when I discovered that everything had changed. I ended up losing my ass on mine. Attorneys are expensive but they are a necessary evil. In your area is a really good family attorney. Sharron Merrick. She is a pit bull (no cropped ears) when it comes to divorces and custody issues.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                        I've not been through it myself, but that just sounds like terrible advice if she has one and if she's being spiteful already. Women can be really shitty once they are no longer "in love".

Good luck, op.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                          Im in the same boat.

:face palm:

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                            I've not been through it myself, but that just sounds like terrible advice if she has one and if she's being spiteful already. Women can be really shitty once they are no longer "in love".

Good luck, op.

Worked for me. Kept my house, my car, and she cut me some slack on child support. No need to piss them off. They were good enough to have your child, so no reason not to keep it respectful. I got the lawyer and told him to disclose everything to her, there were to be no secrets. We did not even fight through it all. Much like life, it is what you make it. Unless you just down right do not trust her, then it is a judgment call that he has to make.

Some people think they have to be pissed to get through something. Not true.

Comment

Originally posted by FunFordCobra View Post
                              Im in the same boat.
                              6 months is not the same as 18 years....

Comment

Working...
                              X