Makita LXT attachments?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita LXT attachments?

I've had the drill and impact for a few years and decided I probably should buy some more tools for the batteries. Anyone have the circular saw or jig saw? How well does the ratchet work?
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

not really much help on what you're asking, but I have four drills, four impacts, three recip saws, four chargers, and a bunch of batteries...

based on the 7+yrs of awesome I've had with these tools, I wouldn't hesitate to buy whatever you're considering buying
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I always buy Makita, they don't make anything bad. I will say I think their stuff still made in Japan is better than their stuff made in China though.

Comment

I'm sure it's mostly just a bias related to only owning cheaper versions, but I am not a fan of cordless tools.. Batteries running out mid-use is a pita, and I am not good at keeping up with them (swapping and keeping charged). With exception of a simple drill / screw driver anyways. I don't mind grabbing an extension cord and plugging stuff in. Everything I get is corded.

Of course, I'm too cheap and would use the stuff too little to get the better quality versions, which I'm sure would alleviate my reluctance.

Comment

Buy Dewalt. I cannot stress it enough. In my current work, one of the things we do is repair tools. Dewalt is the easiest to work on, the easiest to get parts. They have a service center in Carrollton. They offer what they call a "GRC" on most tools. It is a Guaranteed Repair Cost. You pay a set amount and they will fix anything and everything on the tool and throw a warranty on it. Had a customer bring in a 12in compound miter saw that one of his workers had backed over it with a truck. I think he paid 130 bucks and Dewalt put in almost 700 dollars worth of parts. The 700 comes from if you priced each piece individually. Rigid parts take forever to get, so does makita. Milwaukee isn't too bad about getting parts but doesn't offer a type of GRC for anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            I'm sure it's mostly just a bias related to only owning cheaper versions, but I am not a fan of cordless tools.. Batteries running out mid-use is a pita, and I am not good at keeping up with them (swapping and keeping charged). With exception of a simple drill / screw driver anyways. I don't mind grabbing an extension cord and plugging stuff in. Everything I get is corded.

Of course, I'm too cheap and would use the stuff too little to get the better quality versions, which I'm sure would alleviate my reluctance.
            use to feel the same way. Cordless has come a long way. I realized that when my makita almost broke my wrist under a car. They have shit loads of power. With regular use I charge them once every other month. And the charge is 20 min. I'm in the process of replacing all my corded tools. First up is the jig saw.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I started with 7.2V makita right angle and regular drill. Later, I got a 9.6V makita regular drill. Had them for years. I have been using an 18V Milwaukee set for a few years and they are great.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                use to feel the same way. Cordless has come a long way. I realized that when my makita almost broke my wrist under a car. They have shit loads of power. With regular use I charge them once every other month. And the charge is 20 min. I'm in the process of replacing all my corded tools. First up is the jig saw.
                x zillion

I couldn't say enough good things about Makita as I use them daily and change the battery only monthly.

Comment

I use Porter Cable and I would not hesitate to buy anything from them and I have quite a few of their cordless/corded tools.

I generally consider Makita tools better than PC, so I'd buy it up.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

They're good enough to send to space, apparently.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                    X