Homeowners insurance rates?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homeowners insurance rates?

How much is everyone paying? Just curious.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Mine just went up to $1400 a year 1690sqft in Frisco with State Farm. I shopped around but couldn't do any better.

Comment

~1200 with safeco
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

GEICO just quoted me $200/mo for a 2400sqft. Seems ridiculous.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
          GEICO just quoted me $200/mo for a 2400sqft. Seems ridiculous.
          movin to my hood?
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            movin to my hood?
            Looking to buy a house in north arlington. Honestly I'm interested anywhere I can get a decent lot size and some privacy.

Comment

$1350/yr for 2100sq ft, with a pool, and upped the gun and computer coverage to maximum, and only a $1k deductible. (Firewheel golf course area)

Nationwide is on my side.

Comment

Mine is about $1650. 2030 sq foot in Benbrook and I'm getting raped by Allstate. Geico was a lot more expensive, USAA was actually a little cheaper but I would have lost my car insurance discount. I will likely be switching everything to USAA next year though.

Make sure you figure in property taxes. Whatever your estimate is add at least another $500 per year because it will fluctuate.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                  ~1200 with safeco
                  Safeco here as well. Just got a quote yesterday for the new house. It's $1600 a year and included a $400 discount for our decra bond roof (would've been $2000 without that).

*edit 3,100 square feet in Lake Highlands
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Also make sure you are comparing apples to apples. My deductible is 2% of replacement value for wind/hail and 1% for everything else. No flood or earthquake coverage but I'm within a mile of a fire department and there are hydrants near by. That and I'm also covering two outside buildings.

Comment

Are you guys also insuring your cars with them?

Comment

I have one car insured with Nationwide as well, yes

Comment

My insurance went to Safco on everything but my bike as of today, and it saved me a couple hundred a year on the house. The cars went down $40ish a month over progressive.

Comment

I had been with State Farm for 13 years and they were fucking me in the ass on auto insurance. I called GEICO to get a quote, and they were $200 less a month so I switched.

Comment

I had been with State Farm for 13 years and they were fucking me in the ass on auto insurance. I called GEICO to get a quote, and they were $200 less a month so I switched.
                              Geeze, I dont pay $200 a month. Course, I dont have a vet or anything...

Comment

Working...
                              X