Fort Worth police chief fires his former chief of staff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fort Worth police chief fires his former chief of staff

No cover up, no sweeping it under the rug, no special treatment...

FORT WORTH — Paul Henderson, former chief of staff for Fort Worth Police Chief Jeff Halstead, was fired Thursday following an internal affairs investigation into his December arrest on suspicion of driving while intoxicated, his attorney has confirmed to the Star-Telegram.

“I’ll be filing Paul’s indefinite suspension appeal tomorrow,” said Craig Driskell, his attorney with the Combined Law Enforcement Associations of Texas.

Henderson, who had already been demoted from major to captain and stripped of his chief of staff position shortly after his Dec. 1 arrest, was informed of the chief’s decision during a meeting Thursday afternoon.

“As chief, I will not tolerate egregious misconduct from any employee, especially from an executive in my administration,” Halstead said Thursday.

Halstead said the internal investigation sustained allegations that Henderson violated general and/or special orders when he drove under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol, became intoxicated while off-duty, and brought unjustified, unfavorable criticism on himself and the department by his arrest.

“Public trust is the foundation of public safety,” Halstead said. “The chief of police is expected to hold all employees accountable for their actions, on or off duty, regardless of rank, tenure, or position. This is the result of our investigation.

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/05...#storylink=cpy

December arrest.....It's what month again?
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Does the indefinite suspension appeal grant him pay if it goes through?

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        December arrest.....It's what month again?
        When did Hasan kill the soldiers?

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
          Does the indefinite suspension appeal grant him pay if it goes through?
          Depends on the terms, but it is possible. If he's found guilty in criminal court, it won't matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
            Well played

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              How long did it take him to be arrested? Are you saying this guy was arrested for this period of time and not paid?

Comment

How long did it take him to be arrested? Are you saying this guy was arrested for this period of time and not paid?
                They were both arrested immediately, and if the media is correct, Hasan is still being paid his salary.

Comment

Can he spend his salary? No. Is he out rolling around main street on public dime? No. He's in a chair in max security prison awaiting trial. Are you really trying to compare how he's being handled to this? I am more than happy to discuss that. This cop wasn't fired for 5 months after he was popped. Private sector (non union) he's gone the next day. Why did it take 5 months? Why was he paid for 5 months after getting this charge? Why do you defend bad cops?

Comment

Can he spend his salary? No. Is he out rolling around main street on public dime? No. He's in a chair in max security prison awaiting trial. Are you really trying to compare how he's being handled to this? I am more than happy to discuss that. This cop wasn't fired for 5 months after he was popped. Private sector (non union) he's gone the next day. Why did it take 5 months? Why was he paid for 5 months after getting this charge? Why do you defend bad cops?
                    Dude, I don't have a problem how this was handled, and I've seen PLENTY of people get a dee dub and not get fired. You also have to look at the severity/type of crime committed when you bring up the "is he still locked up" line of questioning. Fucking chill out.

Comment

Fort Worth city pension needs to fire their asset manager. I know a guy, pm me.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                        Fort Worth city pension needs to fire their asset manager. I know a guy, pm me.
                        Lolez

Comment

Awesome. Now let's get to the point where we aren't surprised that this has happened and where it's par for the course.

Comment

not good enough! Execute him in public!
                            hmm...
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Hey, when those in authority abuse it or fuck up, they should be made examples of.

Comment

Working...
                              X