Title only - out of state title..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Title only - out of state title..

I usually do a title only on my project cars when I buy them. Don't need plates, etc, til its road ready. I found a car that I want to do a title only on but its and out of state title (Alabama). the car won't pass inspection to do it the "regular" way. Has anyone ever done a title only registration with an out of state title ?

Danny (46Tbird) got a vehicle from Florida that I don't think passed an inspection. Might want to shoot the question to him.

Comment

If you're going to be tinkering on it for a while, why change the title over?
      I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
        If you're going to be tinkering on it for a while, why change the title over?
        Well, I got lucky and didn't get burned a few years back. I had a 67 Fairlane I bought as a project and was almost done with it. I had bought it a year before.Well, luckily I transferred the title and did a title only..Because my house got broke in to and they stole my safe, and you guessed it, all my vehicle titles. LUCKILY, since it was in my name, a new title was no big deal. Drove to Carrollton and got duplicates right there. Had I not transferred and left it open, I would have been screwed and had to jump through major hoops. So, I ALWAYS transfer to my name, unless I am going to part it or flip it that week.

Comment

Working...
        X