Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish they would call me, would be fun
    Originally posted by racrguy
    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
    Originally posted by racrguy
    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Check your credit reports. If it's not on there, the claim is a complete lie.

If it's on there, you will need to take steps to get it reconciled/corrected.
      but it's almost ready to drop off the report.

*If* it's a real and ligitimate claim, offer to pay a discount. The last tier debt collectors pay almost nothing for the claims. Especiall when it's about to drop off of the credit records. Cursory credit checks will not see them(I think), when they drop off.
      Jay Johnson
      Car hauler for hire

Comment

I've pulled my credit in the last few months, there wasn't anything on it. I remember this whole issue back in 2007 when it first occurred, that's why I got the affidavit and had it notarized stating it wasn't me. The odd thing was, I kept asking her what her company name was and she just kept saying she was with the "Arbitration Office."

If she has the balls to call back, I'll just inform her I've spoken with and attorney and he has advised me to record the conversation and gather yours and the companies name and we shall see you in court.

Comment

It's discharged debt, dude. No one owes it. What happens is, when companies like Ace make a bad loan, they write it off, and sell the loan itself to anyone who will buy it for next to nothing, just to take the edge off the loss. The people that buy it are some of the worst people in the world, and the beat the piss out of everyone whose debt they buy on the phone, because they know if one of the people pays a debt on the bundle of them they bought, it pays off. They are really the worst people, and Texas needs to get its shit together, because the scumbags from Florida that do it are starting to set up shop over here now.
          ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I believe threats over the phone are illegal. If you plan to take action, record the call and then send a certified letter with return receipt to both the collection agency and their bonding agency. That is the important part. Their bond company probably has no idea of the way they are doing business. Under the texas consumer laws you are protected and in a lot of instances trebbling of damages is involved. There is no cap on damages to be awarded in your favor when you file suit against them for violations of the texas finance code.

My mother got a similar call in the last couple of days. Sounds like I need to call her.

Also, IIRC statute of limitations on debt in Texas is 3 years.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
            Originally posted by Leah
            Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Working...
            X