cable and internet providers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable and internet providers

Need to get some cable and internet asap in Burleson.
    I just need basic ass cable, and fast internet. I was paying about $90 in waco and I'll be happy to pay around that.
    Do I have options or do I stick with Time Warner?
    DE OPPRESSO LIBER

TWC doesn't service Burleson. I believe you're in Charters area.

Comment

So I don't really have options,I have to get charter?
      DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

typically multiple providers don't service the same area.

sometimes in more dense population areas you'll see some overlay, but out there you're probably stuck with just one choice

Comment

I have Charter and I'm happy with it. The speeds are knocking Uverse out of the water. For 4 DVR boxes, 1 regular box and Wifi modem/router with every channel they offer I'm at $200 a month so for what you're wanting it should be fairly cheap.

Comment

Do they offer fios where you are?
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

MSO's do not compete with other MSO's (TWC/Charter, et al.) Same thing for ILECS (AT&T & VZ), unless you're talking wireless providers. Charter services basically everything south and west of Arlington area.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                MSO's do not compete with other MSO's (TWC/Charter, et al.) Same thing for ILECS (AT&T & VZ), unless you're talking wireless providers. Charter services basically everything south and west of Arlington area.
                Is this part of a research paper? et al? Please site your sources in APA

Comment

(-myself, 2013)

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                    Is this part of a research paper? et al? Please site your sources in APA
                    I think it's part of he works for a provider...

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                      Not a residential provider anymore. More on the commercial spectrum side of the business now. I know just enough to be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Grant View Post
                        (-myself, 2013)
                        nice

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        I know man...just funny he used (... et al) on dfwmustangs. Im guessing 85% have no idea what it is used for.

Comment

nice

I know man...just funny he used (... et al) on dfwmustangs. Im guessing 85% have no idea what it is used for.
                          You'd be surprised how many people don't know what it means. I use it every once in a while in an email for work and even some of my more educated clients are asking what it means...

Comment

8mpg is the 15%.
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

It is mainly due to infrastructure costs, etc. I would not be surprised if at some point down the road in order to increase market share and revenue (ala., reselling electricity) that MSOs and ILECs start peering and reselling more, much like they already do in the commercial market.
                              Last edited by Grant; 05-15-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X