Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dad View Post
    I drive a 2012 F150 ..ECOBOOST

Has 63,000 miles on it, its a turd .. has had more trips to the dealer than I care to count

doesn't get anywhere near the MPG's they brag about either
    My wife had a 2010 Flex with an EcoBoost....same here, WAY over rated and a lot of issues....none of which the dealer ever fixed either.

The MPG wasn't really any better than her R/T Magnum that it replaced...that Magnum was pretty much a WAY better vehicle than the Flex all away around.
    70' Chevelle RagTop
    (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by 94form2000z View Post
      and he is doing at least 70 in the pic. lol

Damnit I wish I could take a pic like that with my Ecoboost. In the trucks defense, I should take a trip and keep it 70 or under and see what the outcome is.

It is a 2wd and I believe it has the 3.42 gears. The FX2 with the small V8, I traded in got better mileage than this one. Of course I drove it the same way so..
      Try keeping it out of boost and see what your mileage does. I have a 2005 WRX that is mildly modded and at 65% highway and 35% city I average about 24.5MPG and I drive probably an average of 70-75mph on the highway. All highway I usually get about 28 but I don't do very much of that.

I know it's apples and oranges but the point I'm trying to make is that before when I first got it I probably only averaged 19-20mpg and way on the highway a lot more.
      QuestionableContent-Awesome Webcomic

Comment

02 F-250 7.3L diesel get about 17mpg
        http://DallasGunTrader.com

Comment

Originally posted by stang View Post
          02 F-250 7.3L diesel get about 17mpg
          97' F350 7.3 Crew Cab Dually with 4.10's...I'm pimpin 15mpg most the time!

...I've eeked 17 out of it once on a trip doing 65-70mph the whole way.

Its a taching some-bitch on the hwy tho...I need to switch out to some 3.73's or maybe even some 3.55's.
          70' Chevelle RagTop

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
            97' F350 7.3 Crew Cab Dually with 4.10's...I'm pimpin 15mpg most the time!

...I've eeked 17 out of it once on a trip doing 65-70mph the whole way.

Its a taching some-bitch on the hwy tho...I need to switch out to some 3.73's or maybe even some 3.55's.
            My uncle has a 2003 Crew Cab dually. Its about 50/50 empty and pulling a 38' Travel trailer. After many years I finally talked him into replacing the 4:10's with 3.73. He claims that he gained 3 MPG empty and 2 MPG when towing. The only disadvantage is in reverse the 4R100 is already prone to burn the reverse clutches and losing a mechanical advantage from changing gears will make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Woods Racing Transmission View Post
              My uncle has a 2003 Crew Cab dually. Its about 50/50 empty and pulling a 38' Travel trailer. After many years I finally talked him into replacing the 4:10's with 3.73. He claims that he gained 3 MPG empty and 2 MPG when towing. The only disadvantage is in reverse the 4R100 is already prone to burn the reverse clutches and losing a mechanical advantage from changing gears will make it worse.
              I actually have a ZF in mine...with the 4.10's 1st is too short, but 2nd isn't quite enough...I'm thinking a switch to 3.73's would put it just about right starting out in 1st gear. I've been thinking more about it lately.
              70' Chevelle RagTop

Comment

Working...
              X